Need to lose weight in two weeks

Options
So, I need to lose as much weight as possible in two weeks. Call it procrastination, or a busy schedule. but I have two weeks before I'm on the sunny beaches of Florida, and I want to feel more confident and comfortable in a swimsuit.
My daily food intake is around 1300 calories and my exercise has been quite stagnant leading up to this week.

This week I am doing a juicing detox and I have also started a new work out regime which consists of: strength training and yoga, specifically light but repetitive arm weights, lunges, wall sits, crunches, sit ups, push ups, and other core building exercises. Because I am juicing, I know the energy level, as well as calorie decreases so I am also consuming a morning shake of no sugar protein powder, frozen banana, ice, coconut milk and strong brewed coffee so my muscles can repair. I would drink this in the evening after working out, but I need my morning coffee.

Any advice, or suggestions to toning up and shedding some pounds quick? I realize quick is not the long haul route of keeping it off, but I'd like to drop it quick for my vacation and then work on a more stable and long lasting solution.

Height: 5'8"
Current weight: 168
Goal Weight: 145-150 range

Normal Juice: 1 cucumber, 4 celery stalks, 1 orange, bunch of spinach, couple kale leaves, couple large carrots, half lemon.
Morning Drink: 1 scoop protein powder, half frozen banana, 1 C coconut milk, 1 C brewed coffee, ice.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Well, your BMI puts you just inside the "overweight" category, but barely. With not that much weight to lose, more than a pound a week or so just isn't too realistic or healthy of a goal. Continue to workout and eat healthy. But, honestly, even a VLC crash diet and loads of intense workouts aren't likely to get you to where you want to be, and, in the end may mess up your metaabolism or lead to binges or burnout, which, in the long run, imho, would be worse than only losing 2 pounds to begin with.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Well, your BMI puts you just inside the "overweight" category, but barely. With not that much weight to lose, more than a pound a week or so just isn't too realistic or healthy of a goal. Continue to workout and eat healthy. But, honestly, even a VLC crash diet and loads of intense workouts aren't likely to get you to where you want to be, and, in the end may mess up your metaabolism or lead to binges or burnout, which, in the long run, imho, would be worse than only losing 2 pounds to begin with.

All of this.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Go shopping for a flattering bikini/swimsuit.
  • belligerent599
    Options
    Go shopping for a flattering bikini/swimsuit.

Yeah, that's about the best advice anybody can give you in this situation. You could try to go on a crazy crash diet (I don't recommend this at all) but there's no guarantee you would lose weight and you could end up harming yourself. Not worth it.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others. Nothing in two weeks is going to make a huge difference. You can juice or do no carb, but it will come back the day you drink a pina colada on the beach. Have fun in FL though! Where are you going?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything above. You can do a crash diet but you will most likely end up bloated from all the water retention, I'm sure that is the last thing you want ;)

Eat healthy (enough!!) and work out from today on and you will get the best results you are able to get.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

This. Also, the comment about finding a great swimsuit.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I agree with everybody, you aren't going to lose significant weight in 2 weeks, but there are ways to feel more confident!

I am at a good weight but I still like to feel like my stomach is nice and flat before a vacation where I'm in a bikini.

For 2 weeks I eliminate sugar, carbonated drinks, fiberous veggies that cause bloating (like broccoli, cauliflower, or beans of any kind), artificial sweeteners, alcohol, and most complex carbs (like pasta). I stick with water with lemon, coffee, lean meats and fish, lots of veggies, (especially asparagus), berries, nuts (low salt or not salted), eggs and salads. I also steer clear of dairy for a few days (I love dairy but it tends to bloat me). I end up staying somewhere near 1300-1400 calories daily. I keep my workouts basically the same.

I'm not saying you'll lose weight doing this, but that isn't really the idea. The idea is to get your belly flat and usually I end up losing a couple of pounds of water and I just feel really good going into the vacation. Have fun!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Fast for two weeks.

If is really is that important to you, motivation shouldn't be an issue.