body fat% loss

Options
2»

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, HIIT, healthy eating and fun are your keys to body fat loss. 30 Day Shred gave me the extra push and results I needed to see before I got into an actual heavy lifting program (e.g. Stronglifts 5x5). Find the macros that work for you, 40-30-30 works for most people. Definitely keep your protein intake high. Low fat, low carb need not have to be done but make decisions how you want to do it and what makes you feel/do your best

I've gone from 32%BF in Jan to 21% this month, about 17lb difference overall.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Diet > Resistance training > Cardio.

It's science, I wouldn't expect anyone else to understand. /s

I'm still not entirely sure I agree with this, but I take your point. No amount of training can overcome a bad diet, but I wouldn't want anyone to have to impression that diet alone will give them the results they want. I think I'd put diet on a par with barbell training, and both well above cardio.

And I agree with dixie as well -- if there isn't some element of fun, you're probably doomed.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire and calisthenics (squats, lunges, pushups, dips mostly) did it for me.
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Guess i have to eat cleaner which i dont seem to get it fone. low carb is so difficult for me to maintain. i should put into practise..
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Guess i have to eat cleaner which i dont seem to get it fone. low carb is so difficult for me to maintain. i should put into practise..

You will, I believe you can still enjoy everything you love, just find healthy alternatives. E.g. Instead of chocolate cake with flour, make chocolate cake w/ black beans.. sounds gross but it's better than the real thing :P

I'm glad you realize that low carb is difficult to maintain.. carbs are great, just choose better ones, maybe lower carb alternatives or get them mostly from vegetables
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Will try to.. its so frustrating to wait and wait till u see urself to reduce to what u want..
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Will try to.. its so frustrating to wait and wait till u see urself to reduce to what u want..

Honestly, this is why alot of people fail in their weight loss goals. They get frustrated because they don't get instant gratification. The simple truth is it takes a long time to put the weight on, it takes a long time to take it off as well.

Weight loss is about eating or creating a deficit and having patience. The body will right itself, you just have to give it time, while you are reducing its overload.

The same thing happens with alot of fitness routines as well. People start a routine expecting it will transform their body...and after 1 or more months they see little visible changes, they get discouraged and quit, because it's hard work and they feel like that hard work isn't working. It takes time to develop your muscles, get stronger, and get the physiological changes you seek.

I wish you nothing but success!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    eat in deficit + working out + little cardio = body fat loss...

Your work out regimen should be built around compound lifts...bench press, squat, deadlift, overhead press, pullups, chin ups etc...

not sure what your fitness level is..but if you are not doing these then you should learn them and then build a program around them that has you hitting arms/back/shoulders/legs about three times a week and then mixing in some cardio two days a week with two days of rest.

If you are a little more advanced you could go with an upper/lower split where you go Mon Upper/Tues Lower wens off Thurs Upper/Friday lower and then cardio on Saturday with sunday off...

Remember the more body fat that you lose the harder your body will fight to hold onto it....I am trying to get to ten percent from thirteen percent right now...

Awesome tips!!!!! Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!