OMG! I never believed it was possible...

Options
2»

Replies

• Caseylowe2
    Caseylowe2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats to you! super exciting!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I bought a pair of size 8s this week, too. They don't fit yet, but I was blown away that I even got them up over my hips! 8 months ago I wore a 22! And I have never in my adult life been as small as I am now (I'm currently a 12/14 and even that blows my mind :laugh:). Congratulations!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I started this journey in a tight 14 and I'm hoping to get down to a 10, MAYBE (not holding my breath for) an 8. What kind of exercises do you do?
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    arielle, yup!!! That's exactly my story, too!!! I was in a tight bulging 14, and thought the MOST that I could hope for was to get down into a comfortable 12!!! I've had 2 C-sections and a hysterectomy, so thought I was being "realistic" not to get my hopes up too high. I have thought for a long time that this bulgy stomach was something that I didn't have much control over. BOY, WAS I WRONG!! I just wish I had discovered this a long time ago... :ohwell: But, better later than never... :smile:

I bought a pair of size 12 jeans, and wore them for a while, and later I realized that the size 12 was fitting quite loose, so I went out and bought a 10. But after a little time, it started to feel loose, so I thought, "Could it be that I might be able to wear an 8???????" Something that was a rare thing even back 40 years ago before my children, etc.

So I went back and selected size 8 jeans and size 8 slacks and took them to the dressing room, still thinking I was doing a lot of "wishful thinking"! :happy: As I started to pull the jeans on, I thought to myself, "Oh yah! These will NEVER go over my hips!" BUT THEY DID!!!! And they zipped up easily. So I'm here to tell you that if you want it, it's indeed possible!!!

btw, I actually go to Goodwill to get my clothes. Can't afford to be buying the in-between clothes from a retail store. When I figure out if I can "maintain" this size 8, then I'll treat myself to brand new clothes... :wink:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Sharing in your glee!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    ... regarding exercises... I don't have the luxury of time or money to join a health club, so on days when I haven't been raking, mowing, painting walls, or doing some other activity, I walk or use the basement stairs to exercise. We maintain 2 houses, so it keeps me kind of busy.

I tend to have weak obliques, so I also do some of those broomstick on the shoulders routines... Nothing really formal... (I also need to find some exercises to try to strengthen my stomach muscles more, even though they are SO much better than I thought would be physically possible.):smile:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hoooooo Hooooooooooooooo! :flowerforyou: Good for you! You ALSO deserve new kicky sandles and a pedicure! Oh yeah! :wink:
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!! That is my goal size too... currently in size 12/10... I was briefly in size 8 back 1999 before last pregnancy. So I am hoping for 8/6 this time, before I turn 50 next February.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!