How to kick start weight loss

Options
Just looking for tips, i have been sticking to my calories, exercising (mostly cardio) and i also avoided certain foods (cake, cheese and chocolate, although a long with this i stopped eating crisps) and stuck mostly to a vegan diet. However i have dropped 1 1/2% body fat but no weight change or waist decrease and that was over two months. I am struggling to make any difference and i have been attending nhs healthy habits class (learned nothing new that i don't already do) and the dietician could give me no advice. So i don't believe i am over eating my calories and all my exercise calories to the point of maintenance. What can i do to kick start weight loss, i don't feel like i can eliminate any more foods from my diet and i have started HIIT training to hopefully shock it and get out of any bad or lax habits...any advice would be appreciated (please note that i know i am not perfect, but my calories net over the week are under or on 1200calories).

kat

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    However i have dropped 1 1/2% body fat but no weight change or waist decrease and that was over two months.
    Congrats on dropping the bodyfat. That's something right there. HIIT training will help burn more bodyfat, but you may want to add a couple days of resistance training, in order to build new lean muscle. Resistance training burns bodyfat more efficiently, and so you should still see gains there, while toning muscle. The other thing you may want to look at is your protein intake. You may want to re-allocate some of your calories so that you increase your protein and decrease the carbs - keep the calories the same, in fact, you may want to bump them up since 1200 seems low (although I don't know your stats to be certain). You need energy to burn bodyfat and build muscle.

Keep up the great work!