Weight Loss+ Muscle Gain= scary scale?

jerseygirl81
jerseygirl81 Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've noticed a lot of muscle developing in my legs, mostly due to the innumerable about of stairs I climb on a daily basis, not to mention I run 4-6 miles at least 3 days a week. So I'm building all of this muscle, and burning calories, and attempting to eat right, but the scale never really changes. Am I losing weight and gaining muscle? If this is the case, should I change my goal weight to something a little higher, to account for the muscle? I'm currently 5'4" at 147, with a goal weight of 135. Is that attainable?

Replies

• KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    I don't know about what you should set for a goal weight, but muscle is preferable, looks a lot better than fat. You will be burning the fat with your muscle gain......GREAT for you!!!!
  • have you tried to measure yourself??? that will really help to see if you are losing inches instead of weight :)
    but it could be that you are either holding water or like you said gaining muscle.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I'm sure it's attainable; it's just going to go slow now that you're right on top of your healthy range and even slower once you're finally in it, hehe.

I feel for you though; I'm 1 pound away :grumble:.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    If you can get your body fat and lean muscle mass tested, you'll know for sure! You can get that through a DEXA scan, a body pod test or a hydrostatic (dunk tank) test.
This discussion has been closed.