Thinking about starting the Couch to 5k

Options
I was wondering how much did other people weigh when they started this program? I know I'm kinda big but I'm really not that out of shape.

I've never been a runner but I figured I'd try! Plus there's a fitness park right next to where I live.

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I weighed 200 when I started C25k last year and I was around 197 when I started this year.

It's a great program and as long as you do it at your own pace it's totally doable!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I started it at 84kg (185lb)

Have a friend who started it at 242 lb about 15 months ago, now she runs 10k+ 5-6 times a week and is more like 143lb

give it a go! You don't have to do it all in 9 weeks if you feel you're not ready to move on a week, just keep doing the same week til you're good to go. I've done it twice now and both time have done the first few weeks repeated.
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    I think I will start when I get back from visiting my parents this weekend!
  • stmcgee
    stmcgee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am at least 80 pounds over weight and am on week 4 day 2. I suggest just start and then go at your own pace. Do a week twice if you don't feel you are ready to go on. I surprise myself each time I can actually do it. I feel so proud when I do what I didn't think I would be able to. I look forward to completing it and running my first 5K all the way.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    omg do it!! I did it last summer when I weighed over 200 pounds ( well over) I am running a 10k on the 22nd ! It is soo good, you can repeat whatever you want to, I say do it!! and best of luck!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    175? But I've known people much larger who've done it. If you concentrate on running with good form and listen to your body, you should be fine! Oh, and get good running shoes fitted at a running store. :happy:
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Do it, do it, do it! It is an AMAZING feeling. You can still do it if you are overweight. The coolest feeling is looking and seeing how much you've run. It really makes you feel like you're doing something to help your body and mind. DO IT!
  • Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is doing it! She is truely an inspiration, she has lost over 100lbs in a year. I signed up for my first half marathon in September, and I'm going to be ready. I'm currently doing P90X but think I'll incorporate this instead of doing the cardio, I'm doing the Doubles. Good Luck to everyone. This looks very doable.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    I did W1D1 yesterday- I won't lie- it was much harder than I thought! I've never been much of a runner though so I got winded easily. I'm so sore today in the weirdest places, like my back, hips and saddlebags, lol. It was hard, esp in the middle when I was out of breathe (a little cold out and no water with me) but I pushed myself and felt super proud in the end. I'm going to continue to do week 1 starting monday and wait to move onto week 2 when I feel better about the 60 secs of running. It's an awesome feeling though, to do something that comes naturally and is so good for you. Just stay focused and mentally push yourself!