1.Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.
    2.Haagen-Dazs Butter Pecan or any ice cream
    3.Nabisco Nutter Butter Crispy Wafers With Peanut Butter
    4.Ox tails
    5.Beef Patties.
  • PattiBear85
    PattiBear85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. Ice Cream (But having 7-11 less than a block from my house suuuuuucks)
    2. Any type of snack cakes/brownies
    3. Cookies
    4. Soda (for myself)
    5. Cheese blocks
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    curious as to why so many seem to ban peanut butter? 1 tbsp peanut butter on 1 rice cake is about 130 calories....seems a reasonable snack, no?
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    This whole thread makes me so sad! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

All that delicious food banned from peoples' houses.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Low fat dairy, but only because I'm trying to up my fat intake.

That's about it. I forced myself to learn self-control at the very beginning.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pretty much ANY kind of sweet. I have no self control and instead of just having one serving... i'll usually eat all of whatever it is.

Cereal- again can't just have one normal sized bowl, even if it's the "healthy" cereal.

Bagels and cream cheese- will all be gone within a few days.

Any and all baking materials/pancake mix- i will still bake things for my husband but i just bring the whole batch to his work so he can share them with his friends.

"junky" soft bread- my husbands fav, i will still buy him some as long as he compromises and buys the all natural Peanutbutter (think, Adams, smuckers natural or the kind you grind yourself). If there is a combo of junky bread and crap PB, when i get desperate i will just make PB sandwiches.

:laugh:
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    As i'm currently back home with the family I have no control over the bad stuff that is bought and it wouldn't be fair for me to force my lifestyle on the others. Luckily i eat what I want (that's healthy)

It's been tough but i've actually learnt through tough love with myself how to survive in a house full of unhealthy snacks an treats. I simply just don't eat them and if i was to have a snickers or something on the rare occasion (and i mean rare) id just work that bit harder in the gym.

If you don't want to live without these items then don't you're probably less likely to give up on your diet.

But just remember- you are not a dog don't treat yourself with food! Best quote I've ever seen
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Fat free Mayonnaise!!!! blaaahhhhhh!!

Yeah, I thought the whole point of mayo was to be a fat source! WTH is in fat free mayo and why would anyone EVER want to eat it?!
  • PattiBear85
    PattiBear85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3- Nutella. I'll start by putting it on toast, then a banana, then I'm eating it by the spoonful.

I thought I was the only one...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yeah, I thought the whole point of mayo was to be a fat source! WTH is in fat free mayo and why would anyone EVER want to eat it?!

I thought the point of mayo was to make sandwiches and salads yummy and less dry.
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A loaf of French Bread made it into the house yesterday. After it was it a ziplock bag I smelled the bread, carried the bread around, though about eating the bread with olive oil and fig vinegar. I thought about toasting it with Romano cheese and garlic.

I did not eat the bread. I was out of calories.

I will eat the bread tonight. It will be amazing.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Only foods/liquids allowed in my home - about 95% of the time. If I want a chocolate chip cookie then I'm going to have one. If I want ice cream then I'm going to have some - that comes from the MooThru that uses local pastured dairy. Ice cream can't get any better than that. HAPPY COWS!!

Animal foods (all meats and seafood, butter, lard, pastured eggs, pastured cream, patured whole milk, etc)
    Plant foods (berries, dates, lots of dark leafy greens, some nuts - prefer the unsweetened butters)
    Coconut oil, milk (real coconut milk)
    Raw unfiltered honey, unsulphured molasses, coconut sugar, Grade B maple syrup
    Lindt Chocolate Bars, 85% or higher
    Organic cocoa powder
    Red wine!!

Surely that is not really a list of foods banned from your home?
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    it makes sense to "ban" foods from my home but when you have "others" in my home who aren't on this journey, it's rough Lol!!! ##practicing_discipline :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Fat free salad dressings!!!!!! What!?!?! Fat free Italian dressing...ahhh hell nahhhhh!!!!:devil:
  • nycgirlie87
    Options
    everything and anything with dairy

AGREED!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Only REAL Hellmans Mayo in my fridge.......everythings good in moderation!:bigsmile:
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Only thing for me is chips. Everything else I just eat in moderation, but like lays says I "can't eat just one".
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Stuff I don't EVER want to see in my home, because I hate this crap and would never eat it:

Macaroni and cheese
    Mayo
    Burritos/Nachos (actually anything Mexican)
    Olives
    Margarine
  • penguinlibrarian
    penguinlibrarian Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. mayo, because it's just plain nasty
    2. heath bars
    3. blocks of cheddar cheese (no self control & eating 2/3 of the block = now i only buy individually wrapped string cheese)
    4. bagels
    5. Cheetos. especially the spicy kind.
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    curious as to why so many seem to ban peanut butter? 1 tbsp peanut butter on 1 rice cake is about 130 calories....seems a reasonable snack, no?

Yes, i just think (with everything listed on this post) - there's a problem with sticking to 1 tbsp ;)