Worst Frozen Diet Meal/Premade Diet Meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If you can afford them, Amy's and Kashi have great meals.

Otherwise, I have found that Lean Cuisine are most consistently good.

Smart Ones are really hit or miss and when they miss, it is disgusting. The lemon chicken tastes like Pledge. The florentine lasagna is great, though.

I have only found one Healthy Choice that I like - the fish dinner.

My alternative is hearty salads: We buy mixed greens by the pound and each day we put the greens, cauliflower, feta and a meat in a huge tupperware. His salads also have black olives and craisins. Actually, today, mine is just greens, cauliflower and strawberries, but I have a can of tuna if I am feeling up to it later. With the right mix, you won't want any dressing.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    all of them are gross but if you have no choice, try Amy's
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    idk about bad ones (i don't eat a lot of pre-frozen food) but i hear from a low-carb friend that the Atkins meals are actually pretty good. not especially filling, so you'll probably need a salad to go along.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    The Lean Cuisine chef's picks or something are actually really good. Healthy Choice meat lasagna is amazing! Also some trader joe's reduced guilt ones like the mac & cheese
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    Well I hate most brands, but Amy's Organic (especially the Mexican/Southwest ones) are muy delicioso! I mean, if you have to eat a frozen dinner. Also most are gluten free/vegan (a big plus for my gluten-intolerant self). I keep a couple in my freezer for those hectic days when I can't cook or pack my lunch in advance.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have to eat them but I'm limited on what I have time for at work. I have tried many and the only ones I like are the Weight Watchers Smart Ones. I don't eat any of them that have meat, but I like the ones that have pasta: Lasagna Florentine and Three Cheese Ziti. When I'm in a crunch I have one. I know they aren't the healthiest but they are a controlled serving and controlled calories. For me, that is important.
  • meaningful99
    Options
    The other day at work someone was eating a diet meal with shrimp in it and it smelled so gross I had to leave the room. I think it was Lean Cuisine but I would not swear it.

If I have to resort to frozen dinners I always get Amy's. They taste OK and have real-food ingredients.
  • MissCaroline71
    MissCaroline71 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Amys... or Open Valley - the "Organic" frozen items are fairly edible