NSV ~ Belly Button Piercing!! :D

Options
shayemimi
shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
First time posting pictures, but gonna try anyway...

I officially started working at losing weight (again) last May (2012) because my 25th wedding anniversary was coming up and I had ordered a dress in a Large off the internet, and wanted to be sure it fit, lol. (It did!) I lost 15 lbs over the summer just watching portion sizes and getting moving more...then I joined MFP and the weight REALLY started to melt off!!! So far I'm at about 80 lbs (my ticker says 79 but it's actually more) It's like I got my 'self' back!!! I LOVE my new/old body!!! I recently bought a few 2 piece bathing suits which I wore on my cruise in Feb. Since then I've lost another 10 lbs and I'm going to Vegas in a month so I get to wear them again!! SOOOO I decided to get my belly button pierced!! At 46!!! I love it!!!

2013-04-07173023.jpg

Replies

• mizantwalk
    Options
    wow...how exciting ... a belly button pierce, now that's treat...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I still rock my bb piercing at 36, I love it.
  • starfish1783
    Options
    Hey - if you like it, rock it out girlfriend! Good for you! :glasses:
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! That's my gift to myself once I hit goal :) Congrats on the confidence to rock it!!!
  • rali4ka
    rali4ka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you look great, so the piercing is there to compliment your body :)
  • shayemimi
    Options
    Thanks! I'm glad I did it! I did it as a little reward to myself for coming this far! Haven't decided what I'll do when I hit my goal. Probably something involving diamonds, lol. :D
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Umm...why???
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's my goal weight treat too!

There's something so confident about a belly button piercing! You have to be totally confident in your body to pull it off, as it pulls a spotlight to your stomach!
    Way to go lady!
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my belly piercing! I got mine done on our honeymoon 14 years ago when I was much thinner. But I still love it! When I get to goal I am getting a nice belly ring as my reward.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Go, you!
  • cardiophile
    Options
    You are rocking it! Hot momma! I think you will find it very inspiring and motivating to continue on your journey.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Umm...why???

uhmm....why not???

I think its awesome...rock it girl!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Umm...why???

Same reason you have your tattoo - because she wanted to.
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm still husky I love my belly button piercing and I'll love it even more when I can show it off! :smokin:
    Congrats on your NSV, your piercing looks great!
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Will be getting my belly button pierced when I shed 30 lbs...then when I hit my target weight, time for some new ink!!
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    :O It looks amazing!! I love it :) Great reward!
  • shayemimi
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive responses! I'll take some pics in my 2 piece suits in Vegas where my ring shows. :) I'm loving it. It didn't hurt at all (no more than a pinch) and isn't even sore (yet) healing. I always exercise in my sports bra and shorts, so I love seeing it, and hubby does too! :D

As for the 'umm why?' Well, why not? I've always wanted one, and when my daughter got hers I thought- someday I'm gonna do that!!! So I did! :D

I like the new ink idea too! I have one tattoo (inner ankle and foot) and I'd love another, just not sure what yet!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now you make me want to get mine re-pierced!
  • tlesa88
    tlesa88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this! This is one of my NSV goals when I lose weight as well! Rock it girl, you look awesome! :) Keep up the hard work!
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I want to get mine repierced when I lose 10 more lbs. Thanks for being a motivator to me! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!