Looking for Friends and Support on here...

Options
Hey everyone! Well, what can I say--I'm on here to really try and make a difference in my life. I am a 27 year old, young professional. I just relocated home to Texas after living in Nashville for three years (singing and songwriting are my passion). I also enjoy couponing! Unfortunately there are not always tons of coupons for the healthiest of foods. I have been big pretty much my whole life, but right now I am the biggest I have ever been. My father passed away in November of a massive heart attack (he had heart disease, diabetes, and was not dieting and exercising.) He was only 54. I am his only child. I moved back to be with my mom. I am an attorney and started a new job that keeps me busy and on my feet (in the court room) most days of the week. My weakness is SWEETS! Back in 2008 I was really motivated and lost 40lbs on my own, but I have since gained it all back. I cut out sodas and counted my calories, while exercising twice a day , 7 days a week. I dont have that same energy or enthusiasm at this point--mostly because I am still grieving for my father and worried about providing for my retired mother.
I have a boyfriend who is much more active than I am, but I am very independent and dont want to rely on him solely to motivate me. We are planning on marrying next year in October, and I want to look great in my wedding dress. Right now I am a size 20/22 and would like to get down to at least a 14. I am 5'8 and would love to reach 170lbs. I know I have a LONG way to go, but I am determined and I know that that focus and drive are in me. If I could do it before, I can do it now...and then some! I didnt have MFP back in 2008, so Im hoping this will really give me that added push and drive. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!. Love hearing from you.

Replies

• Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You have so much going for you! The grief will pass, you can't rush it. The pain will subside and the happy memories will resurface and that's what you have gto focus on. I've found it best to make small/mini goals when it comes to health and fitness. I'm 47 and until this year I never worked out regularly. Now I'm eating healthy and working out 4-6 times/week. I don't go to a gym, everything is at home, I started with some Jillian Michaels dvds and some kettlebell routines and it slowly hooked me in. Cut out a lot of carbs-not all because I think success is all moderation. I still have red wine a couple nights a week and I get my dark chocolate in too! But I am eating more salads, high fiber, fish etc. A lot of it sounds so cliche but just adapt what makes sense to you and keep learining from your friends on MFP. You can add me. Best wishes-I think you can do it!
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you can add me there are a lot of supportive people here...sorry to hear about your dad..he was too young....i am sure you will reach your goal and congrats on your wedding...all, of us here will keep you motivated and positive :D
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    I sent you a request ADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ME PLZ
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I lost my Dad too young also.

I also have lost (& re-found) 30+ pounds.

I really hope to do it this time FOR GOOD. If you'd like, feel free to add me.
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how hard that is to go through. You must be a strong person, which makes me think that you can do this!

I'll cheer for you to the whole way. :flowerforyou:
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 10" tall. I'm down to 182 and my original goal was to be in a 14 also. But I surprised myself a few months ago! I'm in a 12!!! And they are getting a little loose!! I'm on here everyday so you can add me if you'd like. I'm a pretty good cheerleader! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are so wonderful!! Thank you!! :D