Kayla: New mommy!

Hi everyone I'm kayla. I'm 22 and just had my first baby. His name is colton and he's three months old. Ive been doing my fitness pal since he was born and managed to lose all of my baby weight I gained with him but i was no skinny minnie before i got pregnant. Before I got pregnant I had lost 25 pounds with my fitness pal and was doing great and then I found out about colton so here I am again trying to get my body I've always wanted I'm 6 foot tall so I dont want to lose to much and look like a string bean but enough to feel beautiful in my skin. So hard to stay motiviated though I thought Id try the forums on here and see how talking to people doing the same thing helps!

Replies

• Hi Kayla! I am a new mommy too!! I'm 25, and my baby girl Kira is 3 weeks old. I started using MFP last year and lost over 30 pounds and then found out I was pregnant. I gained 24 pounds during my pregnancy, and now 3 weeks postpartum I am only 5 pounds away from my starting weight. I'm 5'5, my goal is to get down to 140 pounds, currently I am 185 so I have some work to do! I still have 3 weeks before I can get back to the gym, but I am starting to feel like myself again, I'm getting used to the mommy life so I think it's time to start thinking about my weight loss and working towards it. Congrats on your son and taking the first step to losing weight again!!!
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    Hello! I am a new mommy again (I just had my 3rd 5 weeks ago). I started on mfp I guess about two years ago and lost 46 pounds. I gained way to much weight and now need to lose about 40lbs to get to my original goal! I would love to add you as a friend!!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Hi Kayla,

I'm not really a new mommy (My boys are 3 and 8) but I'm 23 and am still working on loosing the weight that I gained with my youngest. It is hard to stay motivated but there are alot of amazing people on here who have helped me keep that motivation.
  • I hope you find your motivation somewhere! This would be a great start for that :]
  • wildtink08
    wildtink08 Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm Brittany and my daughter, Emma, is almost 5 months old now and I seem to have problems with getting motivated.
    My sister-in-law introduced me to this app yesterday and I know myself and I know that I will be on top of this for maybe a week or two but then I will find excuses to stop. I will be moving to Austin, Texas at the end of the month so that will no doubt be my loophole:)
    I would really love to have people to help me stay motivated.
  • ladykc013
    ladykc013 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey All,

I'm Kassy and have a 7-month old boy (my first!). I am looking to lose quite a bit and have found this app to be helpful so far! Just keeping track of my eating habits helps me make better decisions and though it's not easy working full time and being mommy full time as well, I'm determined to get to feeling better about myself! I'm definitely looking for some friends on here to help keep me accountable and I enjoy encouraging you guys as well. I have almost 60 llbs to lose so I will be here a while!