Your job is your exercise...

Options
I'm a custodian at a small school. I spend my day sweeping, mopping, vaccuming and taking out the trash. I know general housework is already figured in to like the daily 2000 limit. I know job type is figured into daily goals on here as well. My question is should I log some of the things I do at work as exercise or just leave it be? Lord knows I climb enough stairs a day you'd think I'd be a bean pole!

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I know job type is figured into daily goals on here as well.

You appear to have answered your own question.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Set your activity level, higher, but its hard to track your job as exercise, you might want to think about either investing in a pedometer to track your steps, or like i said before, just set your activity level higher. Because my understanding your activity is your daily life outside of exercise and as much walking around that im sure you have to do, you are more than slightly active.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    you should look into figuring out your TDEE and go from there. Otherwise use mfp's suggestions and just choose a higher activity level.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    set your activity level higher and use those stairs you climb to get your cardio in then when you get home just do weights =D I read on here someone suggesting if your not breaking a sweat it doesn't count so there ya go