anyone know what some effects are from takin gor eating flax

kalebsmama07
kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
anyone know what some effects are from takin gor eating flaxseed???

like upset stomach or diarreha? ect......

Replies

• dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    I take a flax seed supplement and have never had anything but positive effects, better hair and skin etc. Are you taking it with food? I think that is suggested.
  • Same here, i heard its great for hair and skin :)
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    I am taking flax seed and have been taking it for a little over a year now. From the start I did get an upset stomach but nothing major but it soon went away after my body adjusted. I did take it after eating as suggested. But from taking it I have some great benefits ....my hair , skin and nails are so much better than they were before.
  • It really depends how your body takes to it, some have an unpleasant experience in the bathroom :noway: and others get possitive results that dont end in taking peptobismol :sad:
  • kalebsmama07
    well ive tryed flaxseed in oatmeal i bought & later that day eneded up haivng an upset stomach and taking pepto to make better....that shouldnt effect me too bad where its already in food like oatmeal instead of taking it whole or like oil!
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    I use flaxseed every day. I do not experience any of those really extreme reactions. It is meant to help with digestion though, so you should try it for a few days and see how your body reacts.
  • kalebsmama07
    I use flaxseed every day. I do not experience any of those really extreme reactions. It is meant to help with digestion though, so you should try it for a few days and see how your body reacts.

what kind of flaxseed do you get an where do you buy it?
  • lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    My husband bought me some the other day that you just put in food. I haven't tried it yet though. If it causes alot of bathroom issues I wonder if it would help with constipation! Anybody know?
  • mhlegal
    mhlegal Posts: 3
    I bought mine at Wal-Mart, in the flour/sugar section. I think it was $1.40 (milled flax seed). When I make fruit smoothies, I just add 3 tbsps. Blends right in. I have not experenced any adverse effects.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    If you exceed a certain amount of ground flaxseed intake, then yes, it can give you some uh, stomach issues. A littel bit - 1-3 T like mhlegal suggested is good and helps with regularity.

I personally like Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed. Make sure to keep it refrigerated.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    I buy the ground flaxseed too. Ive bought different brands. I use about 2 tbs daily and you can buy it most supermarkets. If not try a Whole foods or other health food store
This discussion has been closed.