Why do YOU love Sodastream?

Options
Does anybody use Sodastream here? Besides my ice cream maker, it's the best present I got last Christmas!

1) Only 50 cals a serving, and only like 8g of sugar (or something ridiculously low)
- I do drink diet soda every now and again when I run out of calories, but I can't lie, a lot of these reports about aspartame do concern me. At the same time, blowing 150+ calories on a single serving kinda irks me

2) No High Fructose Corn Syrup!
- 'Nuff said

3) Cheaper than soda
- For me, at least, it's cheaper to buy sodastream cartridges than it is to buy bottles of soda.

4) Most flavors taste alright
- Lemon-lime tastes just like any other name brand soda-- same goes for the coke and (to a degree) cherry coke. I wasn't a fan of the orange soda-- it was too sweet for me (tasted like candy). I'm still trying out flavors, so I'll report back as I try them.

I could go on and on, but I love my Sodastream! It's gonna be a while before I buy "real" soda again.

PS- I promise this isn't an advertisement...I'm not even posting a link to the product. I just read so many posts from people who say they have trouble giving up soda, and it seems like nobody mentions Sodastream. They just talk about diet soda. I hope this helps somebody :happy:

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make sparkling cranberry juice. It doesn't take a lot of carbonated water to do it, and it doesn't really dilute the taste. I'm surprised at how long it stays fizzy :)
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make sparkling cranberry juice. It doesn't take a lot of carbonated water to do it, and it doesn't really dilute the taste. I'm surprised at how long it stays fizzy :)

Yeah, I didn't realize how strong the fizziness is!
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My boys got it as a belated holiday gift. We love Rootbeer & Cola. Its great! I can have as much or as little flavor as I want. Its funny when the kids yell...hey mom can you make some soda?
  • mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Once a month or so I juice a dozen limes and put the juice in a squirt bottle. All I ever drink at home is the soda stream water with a squirt of lime juice.

Except for a class of wine at dinner and an occasional chocolate skim milk. :smile:
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Once a month or so I juice a dozen limes and put the juice in a squirt bottle. All I ever drink at home is the soda stream water with a squirt of lime juice.

Except for a class of wine at dinner and an occasional chocolate skim milk. :smile:

I never thought of using it like that! Mmmmmm...
  • ginsmar
    ginsmar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    like the carbonated water, just plain with ice refreshing. for years drank a fair amount of diet pop, this machine kinda weaned me off, now i might have a can every 2 weeks or so.
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing (besides the ginger ale, I use 1/2 the cap) I put a couple of squirts of Dasani's coconut pineapple water flavor stuff (like MIO) in it. Yum, and 0 calories. I like the orange flavor too, but I use like a quarter cup instead of the whole thing so it's not so sweet. My husband likes the cherry limeade squirt stuff in his. It's super fun to have any flavor soda that we want.