NSV--Jury Duty

Options
I received the dreaded summons in the mail a few weeks ago. I knew clothing would be an issue. I'm currently in an 18. I've given all my bigger clothes away, because they are swallowing me. I have some jeans and capris, but no dress slacks in my current size.

I have them in size 14, but I'm not there yet. Dug around in my closet and finally found a pair in size 20 that would work. Went to put them on today, and they were too big to wear. I had to wear black jeans, boot cut, and it's too warm to be wearing boots, so I put on my black casual shoes. Not sneakers. Not dressy. Suitable for work.

I work at home and have worn boots all winter, so I hadn't had them on in a while. They would not stay on my feet. I thought I'd have to wear sneakers, but I found a pair in the back of my closet I hadn't worn in several years. Still too big, but they worked.

Got kicked at 10:30, but I have to go back tomorrow. I found a blue pantsuit I can wear IF I pin the slacks up about an inch. Just don't want to go buy something I'm not going to wear again because I'm still losing.

Funny. Tiny bit frustrating as I'm trying to get out the door at an hour I am not usually functioning. But it felt good.

Replies

• Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Also, I got there not late but right on time. There were 500-ish called today, so the room was full. I was so glad there is 60 pounds less of me to squeeze into a "pew." The jury room has pews like a church.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss!! If you have a few moments try running to Goodwill or a consignment shop to see if you can find a pair of pants! Wear thick socks for the shoes...lol!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! You really don't need to wear a suit, business casual is fine too. I wouldn't receommend jeans but people certainly do that as well, don't stress over your attire for this, just make sure it is respectful of the court (ie nothing ripped etc)
  • Pamko57
    Options
    The thrifts don't usually have a lot of 18's, but that's a good idea. I have a lot of courtroom experience, unfortunately. I had to testify in my mom's murder trial. I know the suit is a little more dressy than I need, but I don't want to wear jeans again. I wouldn't wear blue jeans, but the black ones looked fine. I'll probably go with the suit, because I really like it and I probably won't ever wear it again. I've only worn it once, to my step-mom's funeral. I think a little overdressed in this situation is probably better than under. I'd totally wear the suit to an office or teaching job if I had one.

I've been wearing thicker socks with my boots, but the shoes are mules, and I don't want to wear socks. I'm okay with the shoes I was wearing today, and I'll be REALLY okay with getting new shoes. lol.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    The thrifts don't usually have a lot of 18's, but that's a good idea. I have a lot of courtroom experience, unfortunately. I had to testify in my mom's murder trial. I know the suit is a little more dressy than I need, but I don't want to wear jeans again. I wouldn't wear blue jeans, but the black ones looked fine. I'll probably go with the suit, because I really like it and I probably won't ever wear it again. I've only worn it once, to my step-mom's funeral. I think a little overdressed in this situation is probably better than under. I'd totally wear the suit to an office or teaching job if I had one.

Yup either way, just saying don't stress about it! Testifying in a trial is very different from being a juror - when you testify how you appear really matters, as a juror it doesn't (I'm speaking as a former litigator).
  • Pamko57
    Options
    Thanks much! It's my third time in ten years to be summoned for jury duty. My son says they are looking for old people. I'd bop him with my cane but I can't find my glasses.

I'm not stressed now. I was this morning when nothing fit. After I got it figured out and out the door, it was funny.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!