What exercise can help me???

Options
Hi guys! I really need to tone up the top of my back, where my shoulder blades are - as I dont want them bulging over mywedding dress! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might help target that area! I am doing things like 30 day shred, body combat, the treadmill and swimming. But I need to do something that really targets that area!

Any suggestions??? :D

Thanks!

Replies

• trishklein
    trishklein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think Tricep pull-ups. I'm sure there are more, but that is one that is really going to target that area.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I noticed a HUGE change in my shoulders when I was doing Ana Brett and Ravi Singh's Fat Free Yoga: Lose Weight and Feel Great dvd. It's very different from the workouts you've been doing, but I love it. I find it really calming and energizing at the same time. I always look forward to putting it in!
  • adalaAuuu
    Options
    Personally I do a combination of exercises.

1) Run around the neighborhood (free)
    2) Work out videos on Hulu.com (free) or HiphopAbs ($$) or Linsanity ($$)
    3) Work out classes like RPM, Zumba, or Yoga at a local gym (member ship fee)

It really depends on what you like to do! You want this lifestyle to be sustainable, not something you have to force yourself to do everyday, because guess what, one day when you have a bad day, you're not going to go work out, and then that one day will turn into a week, a month, a year. It's about finding something you enjoy and working it into a routine. The key is sustainability! It's a lifestyle change, not a one time shot. Good luck!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Assisted pull ups and lat pull downs should do the trick.
    I would also suggest trying lower reps at a max weight that you can only do about 5 of for a couple weeks. Than switching it to higher reps and lower weights.
  • eddie152
    eddie152 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi guys! I really need to tone up the top of my back, where my shoulder blades are - as I dont want them bulging over mywedding dress! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might help target that area! I am doing things like 30 day shred, body combat, the treadmill and swimming. But I need to do something that really targets that area!

Any suggestions??? :D

Thanks!

not sure if you're talking about lats or traps, if a gym is avaliable to you, shrugs and lat pulldowns will help, so will wide grip pull ups