Stuck

shodax
shodax Posts: 4 Member
Hey!

I'm in need of some help i think :(, i've lost some weight since I started 3 months ago and i've plateaued :(. I was really excited when i started to loose the weight. I started to feel better about myself, y friends started noticing the weight loss and i became happier. i was so upset, i just let things go after highschool. i used to be unstoppable with people, full of confidence, then i stopped wearing nice things and began dressing in hoodies and baggy jeans. I want to start up again. I have hit a a wall, and i didnt expect it to come so soon. \ Im trying to change my diet instead of just portion and calorie control.\ but i cant seen to give up my night snacks, im still under my calorie goal, but i know thats not enough :( and i am so picky! i dont know how to proceed, does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Hello there!

Congrats on your weight loss. Don't give up. We all hit plateaus and sometimes it just takes a few little changes to push through. Try drinking more water or adding more fiber. If you don't want to give up your night snacks, then only have them every other night. It only takes one second to get back on track. You can do this!
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    I would say apples and bananas are a good snack that is healthy and they are cheap. Whenever I am craving something sweet, those help a lot. :) it's getting easier not to go for chocolate or unhealthy snacks but sometimes I crave them bad. You just have to fight the urge and you will feel even better when you don't eat them.
  • Hey Shodax - sorry to hear about your frustration with losing weight. Remember that 8 lbs is great. A healthy loss is about 2 lbs per month anyway, so don't beat yourself up. Are you exercising or just changing your diet? Are you getting enough sleep? That can be a factor too.
    anyway, feel free to add me if you want some motivation.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    If you want serious help then you have to have your diet and exericse log open otherwise it's just people guessing.
  • michellebutler73345
    michellebutler73345 Posts: 44 Member
    Why dont you try to have healthier snacks like fruit or nuts or even popcorn (no butter though) try not buy cookies and chocolate at the supermarket might help if there not in the house :) well done for all you have achieved so far
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    I agree with mock. Without opening, we don't really know. All I can say is that there isn't an easy way out. Losing weight isn't easy. You have to find a balance between eating what you want and having self control. For a long time I had to have a "cheat day" once every 8 days so that I didn't go nuts, but staying within my calories the other 7. No matter how you do it, you're still going to need to find will power. Sounds like your "snacks" are just a break in your will. Cheat meals (or days) aren't that bad, but having them very often defeats the purpose.
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    I had lost 140 lbs, then for no reason I gained 2 lbs, I worked extra hard and, nope, didn't lose any of it back the next week.
    It happens, you just be honest with yourself, have you cheated, did you not add those couple of cookies or go very low on the guess on how much rice you had, or whatever. If you did, then go back to being stricter. If you really didn't do anything wrong, just put your head down and keep going, it always kicks back in if you don't let it get you down.
    The other thing I do is after a week or two of nothing I change up my exercise. Do something different. Skip the gym and go on a hike or go swimming instead of riding an exercise bike or whatever.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Couple of questions:

What is your typical exercise routine like?
    How long have you been plateaued?

Timing of caloric intake has no bearing on your weight loss. So late night snacks should not affect your loss. Only eating at a caloric surplus above your TDEE will cause weight gain.