Eating more calories, lose more weight?

Options
Could someone clarify, in a nutshell, how does that work?

Supposedly, having large deficits causes you to plateau. If that is true, how does that work?

Replies

• Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I dunno.. but my body tends to respond well to increases in chocolate. The weeks I eat more chocolate, I lose more. ABOUT TIME :)
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Eating too less can make you stall or even lose the same weight as it goes up and down over and over. The trick is to eat more to have more energy to make the body burn more fat but still at a deficit. I am still trying to do that now as I am nearly at my goal and weight loss is at a minimum all year.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    everything you need in the very first post. I was gonna post it but was beat to the punch. Good luck to you =)
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I was eating 1200, but exercising a ton. I was stalled. Not long enough to be a plateau, but still stuck. I bumped up to 1400 for a week, 1600 for a week and finally 1800 and I've lost 7 lbs since I started eating more. I start heavy lifting this week and will probably bump again to 2000.
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i've been eating less calories than stated - usually because I eat fiber heavy foods. And I have not lost one ounce in about 3 weeks! It is EXTREMELY frustrating! :mad: I have lost more than 50 pounds from my all time high and since I started dieting last March, I have lost 40 pounds... But I can't seem to loose more weight. Like I said - frustrating. BUT, I am going to keep trying. I want to loose weight to get healthy & I have at least 25 pounds to go before I get to a healthy weight. I wish you luck!!!!!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1200, but exercising a ton. I was stalled. Not long enough to be a plateau, but still stuck. I bumped up to 1400 for a week, 1600 for a week and finally 1800 and I've lost 7 lbs since I started eating more. I start heavy lifting this week and will probably bump again to 2000.

Word. *fist bump*
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Check out this web site, it will explain it in a nut shell and be tailored to you :)
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Check out this web site, it will explain it in a nut shell and be tailored to you :)

Wow! Thanks for that. I just listened to the "Breaking Plateaus" recording and it really explained it. I get it better now.