Skinny me tea?

Options
I've been hearing more and more about this skinny me tea recently, and was just wondering what people's thoughts are on it? I don't know too much about detoxes, and google wasn't much help, so thought you guys might be able to she'd some light!

From what I can gather, its a colon cleanse detox, in which you still continue to eat the same (healthy) foods, so it doesn't starve you! Do you think any weight you lose would just climb straight back on when you stop using it?

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    These types of teas contain senna, a very harsh laxative. Any weight you lose will not be fat, so yes, it will come right back on. And if you keep drinking stuff with senna, you run the risk of ruining your colon's normal functioning.

And your colon doesn't need to be detoxed or cleansed.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Another scam product.

Detoxification is a fad and a fantasy only. If you have reason to believe you're toxic, consult with your doctor. Don't waste your time paying attention to advertising hype, naturopathic gurus, homeopathic charlatans, etc

Detox diets, cleanses, and supplements don't work. There is no diet which will cause your body to get rid of toxins, heavy metals, poisonous by-products from smoking, drugs, etc.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    B069Ujo.gif
    poop yourself tea = no good.

poop yourself tea = not a permanent fix.

eat a balanced diet. eat less than your TDEE, more than your BMR, work out. be patient.
  • xjmcx
    xjmcx Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! You've all confirmed what I was thinking.. Lol.
    I've already lost 16kg by counting calories and exercise - I wasn't about to turn to something like this and risk undoing all my heard work! But I've got some friends thinking if trying it, so I was just curious :)

Thanks again :)
  • CoolioSanchez
    Options
    Just came across this forum. I had heard from some girls at work who had tried the SMT that they were getting sick and having diarrhea from drinking the teas. I actually tried the ‘Look At Me! Tea’ (another one my hairdresser recommended) that seems to be a lot better. They use all organic ingredients in their tea and give you a diet plan with it too. It tastes pretty nice and they don’t delude you into thinking you won’t have to eat healthy or exercise to benefit from it. I’ve been taking it for almost two weeks now and i’m feeling as though it’s making a difference. They use ingredients that help boost the metabolism so it has to be taken with a healthy lifestyle! They send you colon cleansing teabags with your tea that contain senna which i haven't bothered with but the tea its self doesn't.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Just came across this forum. I had heard from some girls at work who had tried the SMT that they were getting sick and having diarrhea from drinking the teas. I actually tried the ‘Look At Me! Tea’ (another one my hairdresser recommended) that seems to be a lot better. They use all organic ingredients in their tea and give you a diet plan with it too. It tastes pretty nice and they don’t delude you into thinking you won’t have to eat healthy or exercise to benefit from it. I’ve been taking it for almost two weeks now and i’m feeling as though it’s making a difference. They use ingredients that help boost the metabolism so it has to be taken with a healthy lifestyle! They send you colon cleansing teabags with your tea that contain senna which i haven't bothered with but the tea its self doesn't.

That's basically the same thing as skinny me, your not loosing weight because of the tea your loosing weight because of the life style change! I have read the diet plan that they give you with it and its just just basic clean eating!

save your money!
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im actually on my second week of SMT and I really like it. Its only one tea in the morning, which is really nice and a 'colon cleansing' tea every second night. The ingredients are listed and I really like the colon cleanse tea, as it helped me become more 'regular' after incorporating so much more protein into my diet. It has given my weightloss a boost, after hitting a bit of a plateau at 20kg lost. I would consider doing it again. :)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    Im actually on my second week of SMT and I really like it. Its only one tea in the morning, which is really nice and a 'colon cleansing' tea every second night. The ingredients are listed and I really like the colon cleanse tea, as it helped me become more 'regular' after incorporating so much more protein into my diet. It has given my weightloss a boost, after hitting a bit of a plateau at 20kg lost. I would consider doing it again. :)

I bet as soon as you come off the tea and stop doing colon cleanses you won't be able to poop normally, Take this from someone who use to take laxatives daily its not nice being able to go. Not to mention the damage it can cause.
  • JCHH88
    Options
    I bet as soon as you come off the tea and stop doing colon cleanses you won't be able to poop normally, Take this from someone who use to take laxatives daily its not nice being able to go. Not to mention the damage it can cause.

We will see ... As I said, I wasn't regular before taking the tea (to a point where it was very uncomfortable) so it won't be any different to before. The 'temporary' relief has been well worth it for me personally.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

We will see ... As I said, I wasn't regular before taking the tea (to a point where it was very uncomfortable) so it won't be any different to before. The 'temporary' relief has been well worth it for me personally.

ever heard of Purne juice?

Just something i found on the internet

Laxative abuse can result in several of the same conditions as diuretic abuse, and more:
    laxative dependency
    electrolyte imbalance
    potassium deficiency
    dehydration
    painful cramps
    vomiting
    edema
    diarrhea
    constipation
    gastrointestinal bleeding
    anemia
    increased risk of colon cancer
    bowel damage
    Melanosis Coli
    hemorrhoids
    loss of protective mucus lining the intestines, causing infection
    kidney damage
    fainting
    dizziness
    liver damage (rarely)
    death

That's all the Colon cleaning tea is organic or not its still a laxative, Just something to think about
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It tastes like cow manure.

4-6 hours later, you'll be RUNNING for the toilet and sitting there, feeling nauseous until your bowels stop their convulsions.

Will you lose weight? Sure. Will it be fat loss or permanent? No. Will you gain it back as soon as you drink some water or any other beverage? Hope so, or you have some serious metabolic concerns.

If you're clogged up, it's good to have. I have some in the pantry for just such eventualities. Would I ever take it to lose weight? Heck no.
  • JCHH88
    Options

Laxative abuse can result in several of the same conditions as diuretic abuse, and more:
    laxative dependency
    electrolyte imbalance
    potassium deficiency
    dehydration
    painful cramps
    vomiting
    edema
    diarrhea
    constipation
    anemia
    bowel damage
    Melanosis Coli
    hemorrhoids
    kidney damage
    fainting
    dizziness
    liver damage (rarely)
    death

That's all the Colon cleaning tea is organic or not its still a laxative, Just something to think about

No, I havent heard of Purne Juice.

Prune Juice I have.

All I did was give my opinion to the OP, and my personal experience with the product in question. If I wanted a list of the consequences of laxative abuse (which I doubt 7 teabags causes) then I would google it myself. I don't understand why on these forums people feel the need to 'educate' people, who haven't requested it. Like the above post said it's nice to have something mild there for when you are clogged up :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waste of money
    diet and exercise ids the only way theres no magic products
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

laxative dependency
    electrolyte imbalance
    potassium deficiency
    dehydration
    painful cramps
    vomiting
    edema
    diarrhea
    constipation
    anemia
    bowel damage
    Melanosis Coli
    hemorrhoids
    kidney damage
    fainting
    dizziness
    liver damage (rarely)
    death

No, I havent heard of Purne Juice.

Prune Juice I have.

All I did was give my opinion to the OP, and my personal experience with the product in question. If I wanted a list of the consequences of laxative abuse (which I doubt 7 teabags causes) then I would google it myself. I don't understand why on these forums people feel the need to 'educate' people, who haven't requested it. Like the above post said it's nice to have something mild there for when you are clogged up :)

I would suggest you try that then, Works for me.

also I wasn't pointing it just at you either, I was pointing it to anyone who was thinking about trying them out and giving a warning for those who already are. I don't think there is a problem with that, Sorry if you think otherwise.

Yes i agree a tea now n again can be good to get you going, But from a weight lost point of view not the best idea as it CAN be harmful. :smile:
  • alysodriscoll
    Options
    You've probably already heard this but weight loss is comprised of 70% eating choices and 30% exercise. So eat less "bad" food and more good food and that will make you lose weight. Exercise helps to tone the muscle and skin so you dont get the flab. I lose 20 kilos in 2 months just by eating a little bit less and exercising. You don't need silly me tea.
  • xdannii96x
    xdannii96x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mum who was very overweight at the time tried skinny me tea to get her motivated. She did the 28 day detox and it worked wonders for her! She has lost 50kg over the last year because of the tea and has only done 4 detoxes in total and has managed to keep the weight off easily and it did no damage at all to her health. Each to their own about the tea, abuse it and of course it will be bad, but do the detox then slowly adjust yourself off of the tea and you'll be fine (keeping in mind that you're still exercising!). That's just my input about it since I've actually seen it in action and I'm not just judging it. I'd say give the 7 day detox a go and if you don't like it then don't continue with it. Easy. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this is the "Poop tea" my friend drinks? LOL! Yes she actually calls it that. It doesn't actually seem to do much for her besides the pooping.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Here's the article on SMH websites reporting instragram pulled their pages.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/diet-teas-page-shut-after-health-horrors-reported-20130629-2p3v9.html
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    B069Ujo.gif
    poop yourself tea = no good.

poop yourself tea = not a permanent fix.

eat a balanced diet. eat less than your TDEE, more than your BMR, work out. be patient.

since this thread has returned, I'll just quote what I said the first time around since it still applies.
  • shaymonaghan
    Options
    i went on the skinny me tea about a year ago and within the first 10 days i saw great results! i lost 10 kilos in 28 days and after the tea I've never felt better, and im confident and happy today! no problems at all, everything is still normal! it works trust me