What's a good filler when you're NOT hungry?

Elokyn
Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
For the last 2 days I haven't been hungry and I feel like when I eat I'm gorging myself to get in my calories even though I'm not eating a lot. I was thinking maybe like slimfast shakes or something but I've never tried stuff like that before. What do ya'll use as fillers when you haven't reached your calorie goal and need something?

Just wanted to add that the only reason I came so close yesterday is cause I drank almost a whole bottle of wine :blushing: woops!

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Just use high calorie, healthy foods...nuts like cashews and almonds, avacados, lean meats, etc. Go get yourself some guacamole! That'll do it in a minute. An avacado has 289 calories and hardly feels like anything cuz its a veggie.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Nuts and seeds or nut butters are full of good calories. Avocado's and many other types of fruit
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 465 Member
    A few snacks that I use that might be good in your situation would be things like:

boiled egg
    string cheese
    avocado
    fresh fruit
    celery and salsa
    tuna and some wheat crackers

they are small and light enough that you might be able to eat them even though there is no hunger.

Slim Fast is good in a pinch, I love their stuff. Although they do have vitamins and such, they also have things in it that may not be good for some like sodium. I have been switching to some of the other things listed above, cheaper than SF too!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Nuts! I keep a tin of Bold Diamond Wasabi & Soy sauce almonds on hand just for that reason - when I'm not hungry but am significantly below my calorie goal, I eat them. they are like Lays - you can't have just one!
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    I use Quaker low sugar oatmeal packets. It fills me up. It's only 120 calories but if you add some almonds or walnuts it will add a lot of calories
  • Couple of Laughing Cow light wedges spread inside celery stalks, and you can also wrap some turkey slices around them.Protein & crunch for very little calories.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I would have absolutely no idea because I am always hungry & have never, ever had that problem. :laugh:
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    As others have said, nuts and seeds are full of calories, but also have lots of great nutrition, so it's a double win if you're trying to use up your calories. I love nuts and seeds and usually include them in small portions to salads, etc.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    I have the same problem trying to reach my calorie goals and get the not good for you warning....I try to eat what I can but just assume that my appetite is getting smaller and metabolism is getting better....I definitely can't eat when I am not hungry so I haven't been worrying about it
This discussion has been closed.