P90X vs HCG Diet (Lots of pics)

Options
Seriously, I was BORN FAT! In middle school I was called "Thunder Thighs" and heard "Crack Kills" giggled behind my back. I never went to any dances. I didn't try out for volleyball because I was afraid of the practices. I tore my ACL ligiment at 14 in PE. I Spent a year on crutches, had 3 knee surgeries and ate myself into a depression. I achieved my highest weight that year - 5'6" 215lbs.

Childhood7_zpsc8d79023.jpg
Childhood6_zps46b2d568.jpg
Childhood5_zps0e85e97c.jpg

The next 10 years I tried everything to lose weight. I did 5 rounds of the HCG diet (yes, 5 rounds!), Marathons, personal trainers, weights at the gym, clean eating, hard work, intense cardio, etc. They all worked to some degree, but I was working out for 2 hours/day 6 days/week I was not able to maintain my 172lbs. And now with a bad thyroid I was completely burned out!

Adult3_zps294512d8.jpg
Adult2_zps14cb4eb4.jpg

Then in November 2010 my husband of 8 years was diagnosed with AML leukemia and after battling for a year passed away Christmas 2011. We have a 5-year-old son together that I am raising. I wanted something better for my boy. I didn't want him to walk in my footsteps. I didn't want him to have a fat unhealthy mom. But nothing was working. I was desperate.

Adult_zpsa31db2e0.jpg

A fit friend of mine had been telling me about P90x for a year or more. I was so skeptical and I thought what I was doing on my own would do a better job. One morning at 4am in the gym, completely burned out, I saw the infomercial. I was crying that morning missing my husband and felt it was an answer to my prayer. I figured I had nothing to lose so I bought the program and started using it with diligence and discipline.

P90xDay1MODEST_zpsa8568097.jpg

The first 30 days I had pretty great results. 10lbs! More than what the gym and trail running had done in almost a year. Then I bought their protein drink Shakeology and started replacing my typical morning green smoothie with it. Then something amazing happened - the next two months I lost an astounding 16 more lbs! I couldn't believe it. After being plateaued for over a year, I lost in 90 days with P90X what a marathon, and hundreds of miles of running and weights resistance didn't do in a year.

IMG_1212_zpsc69dc501.jpg

Fat kids can change! Now I am one of the fittest, healthiest, and YOUNGEST looking students from my high school. But more importantly, I don't have the diabetes, heart disease, or cancer that many in my family have. And my son knows what a good balanced diet looks like and enjoys exercising with me. I love having the energy to keep up with him!

IMG_1279_zpsf365cbb6.jpg

I would love to be of help to anyone who is struggling on their own and wants extra motivation and support. I am so passionate about ending obesity and helping others win their battle with weight loss. If you need a friend to help hold you accountable, let me know!

kidbeforeafter_zps7d9ac0e7.jpg

Marcella

EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE! Dreams DO come true!

Replies

• fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i just want to say you look great n i bet u feel great too with your rockin body :)
  • giggles2giggle
    giggles2giggle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing. great job!!!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! So sorry for the loss of your husband.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

IMG_1279_zpsf365cbb6.jpg

That is the smile of hard work and accomplishment! AWEZUMS!
  • jennate2006
    jennate2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! I am also a mother trying to be better for my kids! What an inspiration:)
  • chefbubba1303
    chefbubba1303 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Very sorry for the loss of your husband as well.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    You. Look. FABULOUS! Great work and way to set an excellent and positive example for your son. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of your husband. You have done a fantastic job! keep up the good work with your son!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    wow you are amazing and such an inspiration you go girl you rock and you look absolutely beautiful
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an amazing transformation. You are an inspiration to many. Great job on your weight loss success :)
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    First of all (and maybe least importantly), you look absolutely amazing.

Second, I admire your resilience & drive to be the best woman/mother you can be more than I can say. I'm proud of you and I don't even know you :)

Of course I am sorry for the loss of your husband, but you are honoring his memory & your family by living in the best way you can.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. You look wonderful.I am saddened that in our society you had to go thru such a hard adolescence. But you had the strength to move on and better yourself by becoming fit and healthy. You are an inspiration to those that have went thru hard times and still came out stronger.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you and Thank you for the inspiration! You look beautiful! Congratulations!!!
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You"re amazing! You look healthy, radient, and years, maybe even a decade, younger than you did in your "before" pictures. But more than that, you are a survivor, despite what you had to grieve and a strong role model for your son. Good going!
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are amazing. Thankyou for sharing your story!
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing and resilient person you are. So inspirational to everyone here, but most importantly to your son.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    An extremely touching story. Congrats on your weight loss. You look absolutely AhhMAZing! I just bought the P90X in hopes of seeing the "new me".

Thank you so much for the motivation!

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you lost your husband. Your son has an amazing role model in you for his future fitness.
    You look absolutely amazing!! I was also that kid. Avoided basketball and volleyball, I was 230 when I graduated high school. If its ok I am going to friend you you are a great inspiration!!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You look stunning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!