I have got to do better with certain things!

Options
#1: Planning and Prepping my meals
I'm on week 2. Week 1 I lost 3 lbs. Week 3 starts on Sunday and I haven't lost anything this week. Granted I've been sick (pretty bad chest congestion and coughing from allergies) but still. I have gone over my calories at least 2 probably 3-4 days this week. Mostly because I've felt bad and just didn't bother making my lunches for work ahead of time. I did that last week and did good. I need to get better about making sure I do that EVERY week.

#2: Exercising
I still haven't gotten into the exercising much. I did take my dog for a (short) walk last night though. I need to do that more. I need to get up early in the morning and do that EVERY day (only make them longer walks and do it when my husband is home so I don't have to drag the little ones along. Not that I mind but I can't walk as fast with them with me.) It would be good for me and my dog. I also hope to play golf with my husband and daughter sometime this weekend. It's rained Sat. & Sun. the last two weekends so I'm looking forward to getting out of the house this weekend.

#3: Drink more water
I have a Brita pitcher and a reusable cup that I was using a lot there for a while. But for whatever reason I stopped. And I haven't been drinking much water since. It's like a 24 oz. cup so I'd fill it up and drink like 3-4 cups and get all my water in for the day and it didn't seem like it was as much as it was. I need to get back into that habit.

I'm sure there are lots of things I need to do better with besides these but these are the 3 that come to mind that I do (or this week have done) the worst with. My goal was to lose 2.4 lbs this week but I was actually up .8 today from last Sunday. Not sure I'll make it this week. Hoping next week is better...and so am I.

Replies

• amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Those are my three things I'm working on, too! I started exercising more regularly this week.....and that is a big push for me (at this point in time I hate exercising).
    Planning and prepping meals is a challenge. I keep looking for new ideas.
    Never give up, though! You can always do better than you did yesterday....or 5 minutes ago for that matter! :laugh:
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    for lunches, i usually just make extra every night at dinner. then the leftovers go straight into pre-portioned tupperwares and then into the fridge for the next day. would that work for you guys?
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    for lunches, i usually just make extra every night at dinner. then the leftovers go straight into pre-portioned tupperwares and then into the fridge for the next day. would that work for you guys?
    Yes, I've done that before...it does help. Haven't done it in awhile...need to start again.
    Thanks for the tip!
    :smile:
  • ebickford
    ebickford Posts: 5
    Options
    I swear the whole lunch prep can save my day but my work is awful!! As soon as I get there we have doughnuts or some other pastry...or we have a catered lunch or someone has a b-day! It is never ending!!! I don't want to be anti social but they suck me in everytime!!! Any suggestions on how to overcome the co-worker lure in!!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I swear the whole lunch prep can save my day but my work is awful!! As soon as I get there we have doughnuts or some other pastry...or we have a catered lunch or someone has a b-day! It is never ending!!! I don't want to be anti social but they suck me in everytime!!! Any suggestions on how to overcome the co-worker lure in!!

They do that at my work too! And my boss is the worst about bringing in Krispy Kremes and he's always trying to diet and lose weight too so he doesn't eat them. He just brings them in for everybody else and he knows that there are several of us that are trying to lose weight too! Some of the people here (the skinny ones!) always want to go out somewhere for lunch so when I bring lunch every day and turn them down I feel so anti social too but sometimes I just have to think about my health first. We have a couple new people though and one in particular I've noticed has been bringing his lunch a lot and going walking and has also been turning them down most of the time for lunch, maybe I'll see if I can join him and eat healthy and still be social.