Another bra question for ladies only (obviously!)

Options
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in....

This is one for the bodacious, voluptuous and curvaceous ladies out there: What type of bra do you use that gives you good support? I'm not talking about a workout bra - I have found Enell thanks to one of the message boards on here, and it is FANTASTIC during my high impact exercise. I really like how well it supports me although it's would be too uncomfortable to wear for everyday use (I've tried) and it also wouldn't look good under sleeveless or tank tops. It does keep the girls high & proud though, the way they were through my 20'3 & 30's. It also prevents the excess jiggling that occurs during normal everyday walking. Would love to know what you gals use. And please, this is directed to the ladies who are fighting gravity naturally - no offense to anyone with implants is intended, but you don't have the same issues with gravity that the rest of us have! :blushing:

Replies

• Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    I love Cacique at Lane Bryant. They run them Buy One Get One a couple of times a year. Lots of styles and colors. I used to wear Wonder Bra...(they call it that 'cause you wonder where the girls are when you're not wearing it)...no more..Cacique (pronounced Ca-seek) for me. Comfortable and long lasting. I'm a 46DD, so bras are an issue for me. Good luck !
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Being able to buy a descent bra is one of my biggest reasons for wanting to lose weight. Off my measurements, I am a 40DD - but I can't find a bra that feels good and fits right. I spent an hours at Victoria's Secret and they had me try on 10 different sizes, 20 different bras, and even they agreed that they don't know what size I wear... So if anyone can tell me where to get a good everyday bra also, please.... Sorry, I wasn't able to help you :(
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love Cacique at Lane Bryant. They run them Buy One Get One a couple of times a year. Lots of styles and colors. I used to wear Wonder Bra...(they call it that 'cause you wonder where the girls are when you're not wearing it)...no more..Cacique (pronounced Ca-seek) for me. Comfortable and long lasting. I'm a 46DD, so bras are an issue for me. Good luck !

I second Lane Bryant I wear a 36DDD and get the new bra they have that is a t shirt bra. it is extremely comfortable!
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i also like the bras at lane bryant. they have a good selection of differnent syles and sizes for us that are top heavy
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm unfortunately not "full figured" up top...mommy didn't bless me with her good genes in that department! :sad: BUT, My mom has a very large chest and has always had issues buying bras that support her and are comfortable. We went bra shopping a few months ago and hit up JC Pennys. They now have a GREAT selection of "full figure" sized Bras in LOTS of different styles. :drinker: We ended up getting the SAME bra in our individual sizes, of course. Very cute and so comfy.

Cheers to you and enjoy the shopping. I hope you find something that works!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I can't wear Layne Bryants bra's. For me they have no support what so ever. I'm a Torrid bra girl. Been wearing the same bra for 11 years now. I got my mom wearing it and everyone thought she got a boob job. Thank God for stores the carry F and above!!!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Cacique bras at LB. It hit me the other day (like a ton of bricks) that I will eventually be too small for them and have to find a new bra. I nearly cried. lol
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I usually hit up VS for my dd's but after reading this thread I will check out Lane Bryant. I'm do for a new titsling anyway.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I like minimizer bras w/ a u-back. I just bought a few from Bali. I only started wearing a minimizer a few years ago after it was recommended by a friend and fell in love. I literally through out all of my old bras.
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options

I second Lane Bryant I wear a 36DDD and get the new bra they have that is a t shirt bra. it is extremely comfortable!

I third. I couldn't be happier with mine:happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I also love the bras at Lane Bryant. The convertable bras are my favorite bra and they last longer then VS bras. I find VS to actually be lower quality for the d+ chest with the underwires always coming out. I go about every 8-10 months to LB when they are having a sale and get 3 convertable bras one in white, beige and black they go with everything.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I fid the Victorias Secret bras to be fabulous!

Glad you found the Enell! That sports bra is a god send!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I usually hit up VS for my dd's but after reading this thread I will check out Lane Bryant. I'm do for a new titsling anyway.

ROFLMAO!!!!:laugh:
  • xonophone
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips ladies! Looks like I'm going to Lane Bryant. I never had good luck with VS, they never gave me good support. The last time I was at this weight I wore push-up bras, but I just don't think I'm going to go that route at 40 years old! Once I gained weight, and a cup size, I started wearing minimizers. Maybe I need to recycle those sooner, before the elastic wears out.
  • xonophone
    Options
    :wink:
    I can't wear Layne Bryants bra's. For me they have no support what so ever. I'm a Torrid bra girl. Been wearing the same bra for 11 years now. I got my mom wearing it and everyone thought she got a boob job. Thank God for stores the carry F and above!!!

Where do you find Torrid? that is exactly the look I'm going for!
  • coach_anaya
    Options
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, but when I worked at Torrid, I was told by the GM that the bras we sold and the bras @ LB were the exact same. She told me to keep my mouth shut when a lady asked me about the LB bras. Good luck!
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I get Whacoal brand bras (Macys, Dillards, etc). They have specific bras with a built-in panel that supports you additionally on the side. It's a bit of extra fabric/support on the side that runs from bottom to top. You wouldn't think it would make a difference but it really helps lift as well as keep them more "centered" or "proportionate" so your chest doesn't look like some expanding shelf or "uniboob." They might be a bit more expensive than VS or LB (I dont' know, I don't shop either place) but the ones I currently have I have had for maybe 4 years and they are still in good shape. With all the good reviews, I think I might have to try the LB ones as well.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

I agree with his post. I've been getting bras there. I recently had to move on from Cacique, there were the best bras I had ever had. Plus, there's nothing quite like being measured for a bra and it fitting. The girls never looked so good.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    FYI I just checked and if you order online LB bras are 25% off and buy one get one 50% off. I don't know if those are combinded our not.
    This is the bra I always get since it is so versitile.

http://www.lanebryant.com/bras/specialty/seamless-5-way-convertible-bra/15023c15040p14793/index.pro
  • xonophone
    Options
    I get Whacoal brand bras (Macys, Dillards, etc). They have specific bras with a built-in panel that supports you additionally on the side. It's a bit of extra fabric/support on the side that runs from bottom to top. You wouldn't think it would make a difference but it really helps lift as well as keep them more "centered" or "proportionate" so your chest doesn't look like some expanding shelf or "uniboob." They might be a bit more expensive than VS or LB (I dont' know, I don't shop either place) but the ones I currently have I have had for maybe 4 years and they are still in good shape. With all the good reviews, I think I might have to try the LB ones as well.

Thanks - I will check them out! I don't mind paying top dollar for a bra if it's worth it.