Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms?

Options
anniegallets
anniegallets Posts: 9 Member
Any good recipes to stuff my Portobellos? :)

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I like to do mine with ground turkey....

Wash caps/remove stems and place them stem side up on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover the inside of the cap with a few leaves of spinach and put a spoon full of browned lean ground turkey (cooked with a little olive oil and garlic) in each cap, then cover the turkey with no-sugar added tomato sauce. Top with a sprinkle of reduced fat parm cheese and some low fat mozzarella (I sprinkle mine with a little garlic powder before baking- I like a lot of garlic).

Bake for around 12-14 mins at 375. I usually take them out when the edges start to wrinkle and there's a lot of water in the bottom of the pan.
  • JohnnytheGeek
    JohnnytheGeek Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    These look pretty good. You might be able to cut down on oil and use reduced fat goat cheese to help bring down the calories.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/05/grilling-spinach-and-cheese-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms-recipe.html?ref=search
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I cook for myself so this is single serving.
    - 1 Portobella
    - 1 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedge.
    - 1/2 C spinach
    - 1/4 of a small onion
    - 1 clover of garlic
    Parmesean cheese
    Preheat oven to 350. Scrape the gils out of the mushroom and place the mushroom on a piece of parchment. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile place the cheesewedge in a microwaveable bowl, nuke for 5 seconds. Set aside. Sautee onions and garlic till translucent and then add spinach till wilted. Place the spinach mixture with the cheesewedge and mix together. Scoop mixture onto portobella, sprinkle with parm and bake for 10 minutes.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Portobello pizzas

Portobello mushroom
    tomato paste + herbs, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, bbq sauce, or garlic ranch etc
    pepperoni or other pre-cooked protein like sausage or chicken
    mozzarella or other cheese
    Veggie of your choice is optional

Do not wash your mushroom. Wipe it down with a damp paper towel instead, otherwise the mushroom will suck up water like a sponge. Cut off the stem and scrape out the gills. Put in the oven at 400 cap down for 20 minutes, pour off water, then cap up for 20 minutes and pat dry with another paper towel. Place 1-1.5 tablespoons of sauce, your protein, your veggie, and your cheese on top. Keep your protein thick cut to stand up to the mushroom. Put back into the oven until cheese is melted: 5 minutes or so.

AWESOME delicious.