Ugh...

shannahrenee
shannahrenee Posts: 380
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Why am I struggling to stay motivated when I only have 18.5 lbs left to lose???

I just can't get it together for some reason. :grumble:

Replies

• Jennie85
    Jennie85 Posts: 41
    same here :( i was/am?! down to 118.6 so i have 8.6 more to go but ive been slacking SO bad the last few days .... i weigh myself everyday and some day i magicaly gain 4lbs :(( its frustrating
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I'm close too! I'm 21.9 lbs away from my goal. I just can't get past this 151 weight. I'm really motivated this time though! lol I'm currently working with a trainer. It's sooo motivating!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sometimes we are so happy with our results and feel a new sense of sexiness...that we get comfortable with where we are and dont feel the urgency to keep pushing

You still want get to your goal weight...but you look good at the weight you are now....that you get comfortable with that new number

I dont know how to help you get motivated....maybe you can set goals like alot of other people...and promise yourself some type of reward when you reach a certain milestone and probably that will give you something to work towards

Goodluck
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Take a two day break. Seriously, it helps. Plan just one good "treat" meal, eat how you know you should for the rest, don't log it, and then come back refreshed and ready to go.
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    You might need to re-evaluate your goal weight. Perhaps you have accomplished what you set out to to with out realizing it. Get your body fat percentage checked. You may already be at a healthy weight, but because of the muscle you have been building it may not be the weight you originally thought you would be at. You don't want to give up your hard earned muscle just to fit into a pigion hole number on the scale.:flowerforyou:
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    maybe make it NOT the focus for a bit. carry on excersize but just try healthy choices.. maybe try something new like horse riding, buy some new books, get baking.. give yourself a lease of something new to occupy you, then maybe in a few wks the weight will be shifting again and your not focusing onit so much... occupy yourself fully for a few days..
This discussion has been closed.