The Shred Diet ?

Options
I posted about this a little bit ago, but called it The 30 Day Shred by accident - this is about an eating plan, not the exercise plan!

Is anyone here doing this plan successfully? I just did Week One, Day one today. The pros: I had four meals and 3 snacks, so I was never hungry throughout the day. I came in far under my days sodium. The Con: I finished at 1526 calories!

The idea behind this diet is to never be hungry, keep your metabolism going, and to "confuse" your body by eating different foods all the time. Everything you are prompted to eat is healthy; lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats. I can see how it would be an easy eating plan to maintain. Oh and you are to drink a LOT of water - with and in between all meals and snacks.

The calories are freaking me out though, When I completed my food diary for today, it has me losing no weight at all over the next five weeks.

There are many advocates of The Shred Diet on FaceBook groups and forums. Just curious if anyone here is following the plan?

Replies

• lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Your body isn't confused. Calories in calories out. Your body doesn't care about meal timing. Fruits, veggies and lean meat is part of most every diet, so nothing new there. Water. Check same as all diets.

Don't worry what MFP tells you. Stick to the calories and see what happens. Often for women and some men MFP sets calories to low. Don't make it a habit to be under 1500mg of salt and up to 6000mg is probably fine. If you don't have health issues salt really doesn't matter much.

You may find that the meal timing makes you hungry in a few days/weeks. Eating tiny quantities of calories usually isn't satisfying. Don't judge your hunger off of a day or two. Just remember it doesn't matter. For the most part 1 or 20 meals a day won't make much difference for weight loss.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've had the most success eating that way, and it is exactly the way I eat now. 140g+ of protein and 35g+ of fiber. 160oz+ of water. It just keeps me full longer and lets me eat whenever I want without going over calories. I don't think it's any sort of magic formula, but like i said, eating like this has brought me the most results.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of this diet, so I can't help you there. What I can say is since January I've been eating 3 meals (200-500 calories) and 3 snacks per day and I am never hungry. I try to eat every three hours. In addition to not getting overly hungry, I also am not craving sweets. Of course I've cut sugar and try to eat a fair amount of protein. I plan out my daily calories with these goals in mind and it is working really well.