What do YOU eat for lunch??

Options
2»

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Today was out of the norm for me as I was off work and took my daughter to get braces this morning. We ended up at the mall getting her a hair cut and some new summer clothes and stopped by the pizza place for lunch.

I had 1.5 slices of Sicilian pizza and a diet coke for lunch today.

Normally it's a bowl of soup and a salad or sometimes salad and a sandwich thin sandwich or soup and a sandwich thin sandwich. LOL
  • iamamamatologan
    Options
    I eat eggs for lunch and sprouted grain bread. The kids love having grilled cheese (with real cheese) and an assortment of veggies with dip. Or we have leftovers from the night before.
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    3 slices of turkey bacon on toasted whole grain bread, 1 teaspoon mayo, topped w/2 sliced tomatos, romaine lettuce, yogurt as dessert (greek or yoplait whips)
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Spinach and mushroom omelette

2 omega 3 eggs, beaten (about 120 cals)
    3 strips oscar mayer bacon (70 cals)
    1 can mushrooms (sauteed) (about 30 cals)
    2 c. fresh spinach (sauteed w/ mushrooms)( 20 cals)
    1/3 c. reduced fat cheese (3 cheese blend is great)(90 cals)
    1/2 c chopped vidalia onion, sauteed (optional)

Beat eggs, set aside. Cook bacon, drain well, discard grease. In 1 tbs. omega three butter sautee mushrooms and spinach, (and onions if using), until spinach is wilted. Spray a med-larg skillett with cooking spray, add eggs, let cover the bottom of pan and cook until set, add cheese, bacon and vegetables; fold over. Eat while hot. 330 cals, huge serving, and heart friendly.
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    That's true if your children are teenagers. But smaller children do need fat (healthy fat) and cholesterol in their diets. Fats, cholesterol, and protein are the building blocks of developing muscles, bones and nervous systems.

I don't advocate giving lots of sweets, sodas (diet or other wise), or goodies. Many years ago, when that loud blonde woman was running around screaming "stop the insanity," a friend of mine decided to put her 2 and 4 year old boys on a near no fat diet. THe boys wound up malnourished, their growth was almost stunted, and DHS nearly took the kids.

Small children are not little adults and have different dietary needs. I don't mean to sound preachy, this is an issue for me because of my friend's experience.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :smile: bump for the good ideas
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    my family loved english muffin pizzas. we actually do it for dinner. i prepare a bunch of veggies to put on them and let the kids make thier own. Faces, and designs always end up on them :)

my daughter is home during the day with my mom, and she must have 2 slices of ham or bologna, with 2 slices of cheese, and 1/2 of a large tomato. thats her favorite. no bread no dressing all finger food, for my little girl
    What a fun Mom to let them create and use their imagination while they put their food together for dinner:wink::flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    We used to joke around and bite the grapes in half instead of her cutting them. Hey, we're family. As long as no one's sick a little spit in your chicken salad doesn't hurt anyone! lol
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat something healthy before you feed your kids? Might not be so tempted to eat off their plates?

I remember back in my babysitting days *no kids here just a kitten* that I would be hoping the kids wouldn't finish thier nuggets!

btw. Typical lunch, and I had it today was a big salad (red leaf lettuce) with Red Peppers, Avacado, Sunflowerseeds, Brocoli, Celery, Green Onion, Skim Milk Cheese (tiny bit), topped with Vinigarette ...very filling
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I love Whole Food's Honey Whole Wheat Bread with a spoonful of peanut butter. Sometimes I'll also have an apple or fruit salad. It keeps me full until dinner.
  • nakiasyree
    nakiasyree Posts: 11
    Options
    I eat so many great things, but I was recently introduced to hungry-girl(dot)com. It has a wealth of info and GREAT recipes.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    For the past couple days I've had a peanut butter and sugar free strawberry preserves sandwich with a bowl of strawberries. PB and J is a big thing with kids. :) And the bread was 40 cal wheat so the sandwich was only about 290 cal.
  • fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    Yum! That just made me super hungry!!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    I am so happy with my 3 year old she loves luvs <3 veggies, salads, chicken, watermelon, grapes, apples, pasta....anything that's good for me and her!!