One Week Till My 42nd Birthday and I Want To Lose!!!

Options
As I wrote earlier today I did not lose this week...stayed the same at 190. I turn 42 on April 8th and would love to have my best week of weight loss in my life. I have looked back at this past week and see where I could improve....too many full fat cappuccinos (up to 4 per day), and too many "little extras" . My plan is to have Salads with chicken or tuna for lunch with a piece of fruit. I love Greek Salads, Beet root Salad, and Caesar Salad (light dressing of course). I am thinking of decreasing my carbohydrates this week and increasing my protein and vegies. My sister has reached 24 pounds and tells me she nibbles on her vegies dipped in a light tzatziki so I will do that too. I eat eggs with salsa for breakfast but not sure of what else to make that is high protein? I would love to hear your suggestions.

Karen.

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    As I wrote earlier today I did not lose this week...stayed the same at 190. I turn 42 on April 8th and would love to have my best week of weight loss in my life. I have looked back at this past week and see where I could improve....too many full fat cappuccinos (up to 4 per day), and too many "little extras" . My plan is to have Salads with chicken or tuna for lunch with a piece of fruit. I love Greek Salads, Beet root Salad, and Caesar Salad (light dressing of course). I am thinking of decreasing my carbohydrates this week and increasing my protein and vegies. My sister has reached 24 pounds and tells me she nibbles on her vegies dipped in a light tzatziki so I will do that too. I eat eggs with salsa for breakfast but not sure of what else to make that is high protein? I would love to hear your suggestions.

Karen.
  • jross3280
    Options
    over 40 does make it tough. but i am too. i learned too that raising your heart rate for 20 minutes a day is considered adequate excersize. it makes your metabolizm burn more calories naturally. it really helps. That can mean a brisk walk at our age. you don't have to kill yourself for 2 hours a day excersizing. just walk and burn!. nibbling on something appropriate every 2 or 3 hours helps cut down on craving and overeating. don't be fooled by the 100 calorie packs as snacks. they are too full of carbs and raise your sugar and make you more hungry. If you like fruit or veggies , they satisfy the need to crunch and munch and fll you up. drink as much water as possible!
  • Lakshmi
    Lakshmi Posts: 15
    Options
    I too am over 40.:heart: I will be 45 in May. Tuna is loaded with protein. i made a tuna salad last night with 1 can albacore white tuna, 1 celery stick, 1 chopped egg white, 2 T onion, pepper, 1 T kraft light mayo with olive oil. 246 calories, 5 carbs, 7 fat, 0 sugar. & 5 multi grain premium crackers 60 calories, 10 carbs, 2 fat, 0 sugar. hope this helps.