low or no carbs

Options
13»

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have to keep the carbs to a dull roar too. If I have too many my blood sugars spike to scary levels. 200+ If I eat meat, mostly green veggies and berries I do well. Everyone is different. I'm much more carb sensitive than most. I've learned to live with it. It's not that much of a problem. I like meat and veggies.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have to keep the carbs to a dull roar too. If I have too many my blood sugars spike to scary levels. 200+ If I eat meat, mostly green veggies and berries I do well. Everyone is different. I'm much more carb sensitive than most. I've learned to live with it. It's not that much of a problem. I like meat and veggies.

Yep, it's not a "new" thing that some women's bodies can't handle carbs. I've also read a bit about being an endomorph body type, there's some good suggestions in that literature too.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    No carb is pretty much impossible for longer then a few days... youd only be eating meat. Thats it.

People forget that veggies are a carb.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    This. Keto is a great sustainable option.

Keto is not sustainable and should not be done for more than a week, maybe two.

Keto is quite sustainable and is often used long term for epilepsy and insulin-resistant people. Ive been on it for much longer than two weeks and have found it more satisfying than plain low carb.

Keto is not sustainable for people without those medical issues. You should research more on how the body creates glucose on long term keto.

I have done research, thanks. It is sustainable.

Ha ha! Good luck with your journey!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    This. Keto is a great sustainable option.

Keto is not sustainable and should not be done for more than a week, maybe two.

Keto is quite sustainable and is often used long term for epilepsy and insulin-resistant people. Ive been on it for much longer than two weeks and have found it more satisfying than plain low carb.

Keto is not sustainable for people without those medical issues. You should research more on how the body creates glucose on long term keto.

I have done research, thanks. It is sustainable.

Ha ha! Good luck with your journey!

Your good wishes are appreciated, however I'm doing wonderfully well on my journey. No luck about it.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You would not die without carbs.

There are things called Essential Fatty Acids and also Essential Amino Acids, but no such thing as essential carbs. If you don't eat carbs, your body can convert additional protein into what is required for your needs.

Personally, I still like to eat carbs in the form of vegetables and some fruits, but I stay away from the starchy ones. I'm not saying I can't have them, I just prefer not to.

As others have said, find an eating plan that you can stick with for the rest of your life. Incorporate some strength training, and keep active. Enjoy life!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    No carb is pretty much impossible for longer then a few days... youd only be eating meat. Thats it.

People forget that veggies are a carb.

not only meat....cheese, eggs....meat.........meat........oh, BACON!!