I caved!

Options
lvfunandfit
lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
I knew I shouldn't have gone down to the Teacher's Lounge but I did.... I brought my cottage cheese, fruit and yogurt and planned to eat that but then the aroma of eggplant parm, lemon chicken, salad, garlic knots, bundt cake and cannolies sucked me in. Lunch was catered for us by the parents committee for Teacher Appreciation week and it looked and smelled so good!

Yup! I totally caved! I ate a little bit of everything! I'm stuffed! I don't even know how to log it all! I'm going to the gym today and running 5 miles tomorrow. So, I'll prob work it off, but I'm not going to be ahead! Oh well!

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That'll be thirty lashes with a wet noodle.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here literally salivating after hearing that menu! I don't think ANYONE could resist - and why should you? It's FREE hahaha.

As I always say, *kitten* happens, tomorrow is another day :) Hope you ENJOYED!
  • ClarkWGriswold
    Options
    Just happened to me also, Strawberry Cake for teacher appreciation week. Something about teaching middle schoolers on a spring Friday afternoon and having free strawberry cake sitting there made me feel like I just had to have it.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a fabulous recipe for Lemon Thyme Chicken that you can eat and not feel a bit guilty about....It's positively YUMMY!
    Let me know and I'll post it. :drinker:
  • arobles3231
    arobles3231 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My husband brought home 3 huge slices of strawberry cake with icing and then made brownies last night. I left lunch today right after my sandwich so I woudn't be tempted! I have 1 lb to go....it's a stubborn one too! I hope to have it gone by the end of the weekend!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have a fabulous recipe for Lemon Thyme Chicken that you can eat and not feel a bit guilty about....It's positively YUMMY!
    Let me know and I'll post it. :drinker:

Yes! post your lemon thyme chicken recipe!

Well, I logged what I ate... I am not positive since the restaurant doesn't have nutrition info online.... But I'd say I ate about 900 calories! YIKES!
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I would have caved, too... but I think that would have been a meal and an occasion worth doing so...in my opinion... I haven't had good Italian food forever and it has nothing to do with trying to lose weight, it's just that the city I'm in specializes in other types of cuisine, so I think I personally could easily justify a meal like that...
  • jdemart
    jdemart Posts: 1
    Options
    oh my gosh...I'm a teacher too and did the exact same thing today! I even brought my salad and fruit to the lounge...but just couldn't resist the cheesecake sitting there. I'm now feeling really guilty and wish I would have just stayed strong!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Lemon Thyme Chicken
    Taste of Home Comfort Diet Cookbook (I LOVE THIS COOKBOOK!)
    Also, this recipe has been added in the database...:smile:

Ingredients
    3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken-breasts
    2 teapoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon butter (I used Promise Light Spread)
    1 medium onion chopped
    2 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
    1 cup fat free chicken broth
    2 tablespoons fresh minced parsely

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt & pepper. Set aside 4 1/2 teaspoons for sauce. Sprinkle remaining flour mixture over both sides of chicken. In a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in olive oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. remove and keep warm.
    In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add thyme and reserved flour mixture; stir until blended. Gradually stir in the chicken broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. serve over chicken. Sprinkle with parsely.

Nutrition
    1 Chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce:
    213 calories
    8 g fat (3 saturated)
    70 mg cholesterol
    614 mg sodium
    10 g carbohydrates
    1 g fiber
    25 g protein
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I would have caved in too. Especially if there was pasta. Mmm.
    Just think of it as a treat day and move on.