Non fat greek yogurt......

Options
chris1529
chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
Non fat greek yogurt is my new best friend lol! You can add it in place of sour cream, mayo, and in shakes! I swear it tastes the same as having mayo and sour cream added! I would say I eat about 3/4 to a cup a day. Anyone else love it too? And....... it is healthy to eat everyday, right?!

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I eat 7-14oz a day pretty regularly (one for morning snack and one for afternoon). I use it to sub for sour cream for myself but the rest of my family complains so they still eat the real stuff. Anyway yes it's healthy to eat every day unless you're lactose intolerant or something :)

edit to add: I prefer Fage Total 2%, instead of fat free; I need the extra few calories to help bump me closer up to my calorie goal most days.
  • rwylie1963
    rwylie1963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been adding blueberries and stevia to make mine more interesting, but I really need o start using it for other things, as well. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Smittysmama
    Options
    Add it to spaghetti sauce ( about 1/2 $ 1/2) with some Parmesan cheese....sauté spinach, mushrooms...grill chicken & add some pasta. Incredibly rich & delicious, healthy too.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time. I can't have mayo because of a food allergy and it is a great and more healthy substitute.
  • flutter123
    Options
    I use 1/2 Fage Greek and 1/2 Olive Oil Mayo & Yellow Mustard in my egg salad. Whole family likes it that way. A little too tart for them with just the Fage. Try blending off the Greek Yogurt with other things to gently move your family over to all Yogurt.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Add it to spaghetti sauce ( about 1/2 $ 1/2) with some Parmesan cheese....sauté spinach, mushrooms...grill chicken & add some pasta. Incredibly rich & delicious, healthy too.

This sounds so good!!!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options

This sounds yummy. I must try it soon.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    YESSSSS!!! I <3 GREEK YOGURT SO MUCH!!! I seriously cannot even eat regular yogurt anymore lol! I love the thick, creaminess of greek yogurt plus it's so much healthier than those other watered-down yogurts.

My favorite kind is this:

Greek-0-Chocolate-5p3oz_350x270.png

<3<3<3
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I prefer the higher-fat version as it tends to have less sugar. But agreed on all other points!

I've been putting it on my egg and cheese scrambles and topping everything with a bit of hot sauce. Very satisfying for breakfast!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    We go through it like water. We buy the family sized version at costco. This last time we went we bought 6 because we'll go through in about 2 weeks.

I use it in my overnight oatmeal, with fruit and honey, smoothies.
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am hooked as well. At least one full serving, plain non fat variety, with a touch of honey and berries. A little bit of natrual peanut butter as well if I need more calories for the day. I love the low carb high protein mix, I am just sorry it took me so long to try it.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Oh I must try!!!!!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! I use plain non fat greek yogurt in all my recipes that call for mayo!!! Plus it adds additional protein. That stuff is amazing. I also love to to eat the yoplait light and fit no fat strawberry for only 80 calories and 12g of protein!!
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. I will eat Greek yogurt by itself, with granola, in place of sour cream or mayo (which I don’t like anyway), in soups, sauces etc. I usually only use a few tablespoons at a time, so I buy traditional Greek yogurt. Not too concerned about the fat content because I eat small quantities.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0%, I eat it as a snack. I can slowly eat a bowl of yoghurt with powdered peanut butter for 20 minutes, as opposed to wolfing down a Larabar which has more calories and leaves me hungry.
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY!!!! It is my favorite... Smoothies, Dressings, Toppings ETC>>>
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Chobani all the way :)

I just tried adding a dry ranch seasoning packet to plain chobani, and it tastes great! A perfect viggie dip :)
  • LioshaM
    Options

Oh I must try!!!!!

ME TOO!!!
  • LioshaM
    Options
    We go through it like water. We buy the family sized version at costco. This last time we went we bought 6 because we'll go through in about 2 weeks.

I use it in my overnight oatmeal, with fruit and honey, smoothies.

And I thought it was just me!!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yup! it actually helped me with my lactose intolerance!! imagine that. lol