Subway!

Options
Alright people, what's your favorite subway sub? I'm going for dinner tonight. Packed a lunch but forgot I had class after work and won't have time to go home and eat.

Share please!

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Tukey on white bread, letttuce, tomato, olives, mayo...same everytime, im so boring lol
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    6" chicken breast on flatbreat with pepperjack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cucumbers, spinach, salt, pepper, and chipoltle sauce. I used to get the 12", but have come to terms that 6" is more than enough for a lady. It's roughly 450 calories........so that isn't so bad, in my book.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm Gluten-Intolerant so have switched to the Subway Salad and I must say I'm impressed and it's WAY lower in calories!!!

Ham or Chicken Breast with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green peppers, cheese and Honey Mustard (about 200 calories according to their website)

Enjoy!!!
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    I like the veggie sub (I alternate which bread I use) ... everything but the "hot stuff"! And, with cheese, but no mayo/mustard or oils.
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like the 6 inch veggie with cheese no sauce. They have a sub builder if you wanted to take a look, just hit the calculate yours button! http://www.subway.com/Menu/Product.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&ProductId=16&MenuId=35&MenuTypeId=1
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This all sounds fantastic! I'm thinking of a veggie delight with provolone cheese and avocado. Worth the extra calories?
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That should only take you to about 350 (depending on bread and other veggie choices), so I'd say go for it!
  • jldad
    jldad Posts: 10
    Options
    I ate their twice yesterday. The veggie Sub on Wheat is my favorite. I load it with all the veggies and Mustard. I also add a little oil & vinegar. I had a foot long for lunch and it had 560 calories. For dinner I had the Bacon Egg and Cheese ($5 footlong for the month) on flatbread. Probably not the best choice but I split it with my wife. I was still under my calories by 892 for the day.
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    That should only take you to about 350 (depending on bread and other veggie choices), so I'd say go for it!

I decided on 9 grain wheat, provolone, cucumbers, green peppers, lettuce, red onion, tomato and avocado. 560 calories for a footlong. Not too bad! I decided on the footlong since I'll be in class for four hours and am not interested in my tummy rumbling half way through! :D
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    I ate their twice yesterday. The veggie Sub on Wheat is my favorite. I load it with all the veggies and Mustard. I also add a little oil & vinegar. I had a foot long for lunch and it had 560 calories. For dinner I had the Bacon Egg and Cheese ($5 footlong for the month) on flatbread. Probably not the best choice but I split it with my wife. I was still under my calories by 892 for the day.

It's definitely true that Subway is one of the best, lower calorie places to eat out if you must. I try to avoid it now but I put myself in a pickle today by not packing dinner as well as lunch! A girl has to eat! :)
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i love me some meatball marinara - not the healthiest choice but i generally don't go there except on the wkends which is my "off diet" days. (which means i get to grab a oatmeal raisin cookie too :D )
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Always the same:

Turkey on honey oat with spinach, lettuce, tomato, pickles and honey mustard.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When I'm trying to eat lean (which is most of the time now) I go for either turkey or chicken breast on wheat with loads of veggies and spicy mustard (no cheese).

When I'm being bad, I like the BMT or Spicy Italian (which are probably still healthier than most burgers)

I take the train to work so if I want to occasionally dine out for lunch, it needs to be fairly close to the office. I'm pleased that a new Subway shop happens to be opening up a couple of blocks from my office in perhaps a month (a much better choice than the burger and taco franchises which are the only current choices within reasonable walking distance)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Oven chicken breast on Jalepeno and Cheese bread with pepper jack cheese.
    Tomato, lettuce, olive, pickle, banana pepper.
    Chipotle Sauce
    Yes, toasted!
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm a very simple sandwich person - 6" turkey breast sub on Italian bread, with lettuce and green peppers and lite mayo.

They used to have the hearty Italian bread around here but have apparently discontinued it.... that was my FAVORITE! :(
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I used to get the veggie delight often, and topped with their vinaigrette. No cheese, and I added pepper. All the veggies except jalapenos and pickles :) It was really yummy, and a little sweet.

Another good one is their turkey. I personally don't get cheese. I love it with lettuce, spinach, tomato, extra cucumber, olives, bell peppers, onion, banana peppers, and cilantro. Plus spicy/brown mustard.

My bf loves getting whatever sandwich with buffalo+ranch, or their chipotle southwest. But they're too unhealthy for me, lol.

Oh, and I always get the honey oat. Fabulous. Bf loves the flatbread.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I too am pretty predictable when it comes to Subway: 6" turkey on wheat, double meat, sweet onion sauce, pepper jack cheese (if any), spinach, red onions, olives and jalapenos.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get a ham wrap with cheddar, all the salads, avocado and no dressing but I add salt and pepper. It's around 400 calories, though depending on the 'sandwich' artist because some of them add a LOT of avo.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Right now its veggies out the yazoo, olive oil and oregano oh wheat. As soon as great lent(orthodox) is done, classic Italian with cheese and mayo!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Steak and cheese on wheat toasted with provolone, extra lettuce, green peppers, red onion, black olives, and ranch dressing. a little under 500 calories. Omnomnomnom.