Funny or offensive? Comedian on fat people.

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
I obviously have some weight to loose and I think it is very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4YZiKbklAE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I think he's lame but I do agree. Its my fault I'm fat.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video (yet), but I think it's only funny to poke fun at fatties if the comedian is fat too.
  • NYCNika
    Options
    I didn't watch the video (yet), but I think it's only funny to poke fun at fatties if the comedian is fat too.

That is how it works (I probably would not dare post this if I was size 0), but I don't think it should work that way. I think that we should be allowed to make fun of anything we like. (Plus, lots of points he mentioned are true).
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OMG,...I'm laughing my butt off!! :laugh:
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

This.
  • NYCNika
    Options

This.

Playing devil's advocate, why?
    Woman comedian is allowed to make fun of men, you don't have to be a politician or a doctor to make fun of them.

Interesting part is that people who did not watch comment on whether it is ok or not. I would think that is a more reasonable requirement.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video since I'm at work, but a comedian is allowed to make fun of anyone they want. Fat people, different races, different religions, etc.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Comedians poke fun at everyone...I'm not going to waste any time being offended by it or anything else.

I'm also sad that I can't view this at work. Boo.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It was pretty funny with some truth to it.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video since I'm at work, but a comedian is allowed to make fun of anyone they want. Fat people, different races, different religions, etc.

That's why I love Louis C.K.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    hilarious
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why do I feel as if you were trolling with this post?

I mean, I have no intention of voicing an opinion one way or another, but...

You can't think that this wouldn't cause a stir in some folks...

IBTL!
  • NYCNika
    Options
    Why do I feel as if you were trolling with this post?

I mean, I have no intention of voicing an opinion one way or another, but...

You can't think that this wouldn't cause a stir in some folks...

IBTL!

I shared something I thought was funny. As you can see many other people who watched it, found it funny. Laughter is good.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is offended by something said in a standup comedy act needs to thicken up a bit. Most good comedy is offensive to _SOMEONE_. It's almost always at someone's expense. When your turn to be the comedy whipping boy comes around, don't complain ESPECIALLY if you've ever laughed at a joke at some other group's expense. Come on, most of the biggest comedians out right now have built entire careers on making fun of racial differences, of women, of fat people, of religious people, WHATEVER. This is how comedy works. Deal with it and learn to laugh at yourself when the comedy bullseye ends up on you for once.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Exactly.

And for everyone getting all worked up him being skinny. This is Ricky Gervais before he lost weight.

ricky_gervais_01_zpsd3208761.jpg

So yeah. I think he's earned the right to say a few words on his opinion on weight loss.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I find nothing funny.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

What if the comedian was a former fat person? Would that be ok in your book?
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    well i was mildly amused.
    he was fat. until he lost weight.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Funny and TRUE! With the exception of people who have medical conditions, or took medications that caused them to gain weight. But saying "this is the best fried chicken I've had all day", that's not an exception.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    bump... so I can watch the clip later...