Oh Dear

Options
I have started going on a downward spiral for almost 3 weeks.
I gained 3kgs - is that even possible?
And today I logged everythign I ate
and according to my goal I am meant to eat 1,400 calories
I ate double the amount and I am not kidding, -1300 calories left
for today.
I don't know what to do.
At the same height I went from 64 to 66 and now to 70.5 kg
I need help...:cry:

Replies

• st1991
    st1991 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have started going on a downward spiral for almost 3 weeks.
    I gained 3kgs - is that even possible?
    And today I logged everythign I ate
    and according to my goal I am meant to eat 1,400 calories
    I ate double the amount and I am not kidding, -1300 calories left
    for today.
    I don't know what to do.
    At the same height I went from 64 to 66 and now to 70.5 kg
    I need help...:cry:
  • mcdillm
    mcdillm Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm somewhat new to this game but from what I am being told (and what my research has shown) is that we must eat foods rich in nutrients, not calories. Our bodies give us the 'hungry-signal' when we are low on nutrients and we tend to simply feed it calories (especially in the way of highly processed carbohydrates that are easily turned into sugar then to fat). Eating foods high in nutrients (something I have not quite mastered yet) is the way to go (far less calories and far less hunger attacks). I have a voracious appetite (especially when active) and I find it difficult (but not impossible) to tame the beast. Another reason our bodies give us that 'hunger-signal; is due to dehydration -- just drink water, it goes a long ways.
    Hope I'm not telling you things you already know, I do understand an wrestle with the same things

Mark :smile:
  • dfrei50
    dfrei50 Posts: 10
    Options
    I also have a voracious appetite. Psyllium Seed Powder helps me to cut the worst pangs.
  • dfrei50
    dfrei50 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to say that you have to drink alot of water if you take Psyllium Seed Powder.
  • Lakshmi
    Lakshmi Posts: 15
    Options
    Hang in there. You are doing the right thing by posting and being honest. Remember, One day at a time. and you can start your day over at any time. if you have a slip, don't beat yourself up. Just start over. You CAN do this!!! We ALL CAN do this. I am certain that I cannot do this alone, but we have the support of each other. Remember to drink your water. And it helps for me to get out of the house... Away from food... :heart: