HELP! Need low carb!

Options
Tuesday20
Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
Hello!

I joined MFP today and have realised a huge down fall in my diet... CARBS! Im almost addicted! LOL to me pasta/ bread /cereals/ potatoes make a meal, without them I feel like something is missing.
Is there anything that I can use to replace them? Or meals that exclude them altogether, without seeming to lack substance?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've just started doing low carb since Thursday of last week - my diary is open if you want to look for ideas.

Good luck. x
  • aharris112
    aharris112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I still occasionally will eat brown rice, but for the most part I always have 2 different green veggies or a green veggie and beans/peas with meals. Its all about getting it out of your system. Took me a LONG time to cut the cord, but after about a week and a half, the cravings do seem to disappear. It's about getting away from the traditional meal, meaning meat with rice or potatoes or pasta and always bread!! Thats when the good green veggies come into play! Find ones you like and come up with different ways to serve them!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I make some killer mashed faux-tatoes with cauliflower. I steam the cauliflower, then put it in the food processor with some sour cream, a dash of milk, and a pat of butter, whip it right up. My ex's son (9 years old) went home and asked his mother to make it! LOL

I've done a decent job with spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti. You cut it in half and get rid of the seeds, put it in a microwave safe bowl with an inch of water in the bottom, and cook it for 10 minutes or so. When it comes out, take a fork and scoop it out in long strings. Throw it in a casserole dish with some ricotta and tomato sauce (low sugar of course), top it with some shredded cheese, and bake it until the cheese bubbles.

These are great side dishes that really help replace the higher carb stuff.