Awwwwww
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8ypfzCSyL1rsjqsro1_500.gif
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz---Oz the Great and Powerful, any similarities....nah.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a moron.

^^^^ yep
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have come to completely dismiss most of what Dr. Oz says these days... at first, when he was on Oprah, I found his information to be clinically correct. Now, he's all about selling some sort of product whether it be his latest supplement or book. I think he should have stuck with his cardiology specialty and stayed off TV!
  • peggypalmeri
    Options
    Dr. Oz invited Dr. Chutkan on to the show to talk about how resistant starches can help prevent cancer & diabetes. So you guys are dead wrong, he didn't say it his guest a doctor said it. There was no product. to sell. I myself don't like my pasta el dente and I am Italian. And it works for me because even without this news it is how I have been dieting. I lost 30 lbs. Enough said. Please don't waste web time with any replies you just showed me how adolescent you really are. If you don't like what I said I would rather have no response.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz invited Dr. Chutkan on to the show to talk about how resistant starches can help prevent cancer & diabetes. So you guys are dead wrong, he didn't say it his guest a doctor said it. There was no product. to sell. I myself don't like my pasta el dente and I am Italian. And it works for me because even without this news it is how I have been dieting. I lost 30 lbs. Enough said. Please don't waste web time with any replies you just showed me how adolescent you really are. If you don't like what I said I would rather have no response.

First time on the internet?
    If you only want agreement, stay off line and talk to yourself. You'll make a great Dr. Oz fan that way.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

And I lost nearly 20 doing none of what you suggested.

If it works for you, by all means...keep doing it. But understand that there will be those that disagree and they're as free to post their opposing opinions as you were posting this topic.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8ypfzCSyL1rsjqsro1_500.gif

I'd listen to him before I'd listen to Dr Oz
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I'm sorry... you were already mixing banana flour and sorghum flour in your regular flour?

Oh and... Dr Chutkan was selling a book... "Gutbliss: The Book" (She could have come up with a better title.) So Dr Oz was pushing Dr Chutkan's book because Dr Chutkan's publisher paid him to and because of that... and because you cook your own pasta al dente and have lost 30 lbs, we are supposed to take all of her other advice seriously...

That's a weak argument!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    bertstare.jpg

If you believe Dr. Oz, then I have some beach front property in Nebraska that I am willing to let go of cheap!

I can't break eye contact.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am officially torn: I don't know which advice is my favorite pointlessly complicated.

Eat pasta cold in order to digest it significantly slower.

OR

You can only count one veggie once a day towards your five a day minimum.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    capeyeroll_zps41ab9ae8.gif
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

This is hilarious. Trust me hon, you did not lose 30lbs because you cooked your pasta al dente. You lost 30lbs because you created a calorie deficit, through exercise or healthier eating or both. Plain and simple.

If you want to keep doing this that's fine, you can eat however you want to. But please don't try to convince anyone that this crap actually "works" for weight loss. There are so many people here who have lost 30, 50, or 200 pounds without any of this nonsense.

Also, if you don't want to hear from people who don't agree, you probably should stay off the internet. It's sad when people are so terrified opening their eyes to the world around them, that they refuse to even CONSIDER someone disagreeing with them...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Meh.

This theory is as old as the hills. Resistant starch is a type of fibre that helps with satiety and fat loss . This is because It "resists" digestion in the small intestine and gets passed along to the large bowel with limited absorption when consumed cold.

It's not a magic bullet but may assist minimally (like those raspberry ketone whatsits). Clearly, this isn't really a good idea if you are looking for the most amount of nutrition for the least amount of calories (generally a good idea when dieting.)

Classic Dr Oz from what I can gather...
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bertstare.jpg

If you believe Dr. Oz, then I have some beach front property in Nebraska that I am willing to let go of cheap!

I can't break eye contact.

Bwahaha
  • eej23
    eej23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    haha!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Resistant starches are the carbs that are slower to metabolize and therefore don't give you a spike in insulin and sugar. They clean out your colon, feed the healthy bacteria in your colon, prevent diabetis, colon cancer and weight gain. All you do is follow his 5 steps:
    1. Eat your pasta, rice and other cooked carbs cold.
    2. Or cook them til el dente ( 3-4 minutes shorter than package says.)
    3. Eat beans, barley and whole grains bread.
    4. Eat green bananas instead of yellow bananas. These you have to cook like plantains. Boil, peel and mash.
    5. Use resistant flour in your cooking on a 1/3 scale. ( 2 regular flour, 1 cup resistant flour. ) There are three types- green banana flour, sorghum flour or any labeled resistant starch flour.

Good luck.

Dr. Oz is utilizing (to a certain degree) the Glycemic index...

He is not a genius...this is not his idea...and he is in fact a quack.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a moron.

YEP! :huh:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a moron.

THIS^