50 and Wanting More

Options
Hello,

My name is Evan. I am 50 years old, 6'2" (188 cm) tall, and weigh 220 lb (100 kg). My fitness level is decent, scored an age of 20 today on Wii Fit Plus, but I am suffering from a chronic knee inflammation due to an injury, and I am developing a real spare tire around my middle.

I watched Michael Mosley's video (Eat, Fast, and Live Longer) about the benefits of intermittent fasting where he proposes his 5:2 diet. It was featured on PBS, and I found the video on their website:

http://video.pbs.org/video/2363162206/

I was familiar with a lot of the research presented in this video, but I not seen it delivered in such a concise and personal fashion. I also had not thought of the very creative way Mosley has proposed taking advantage of it.

I am starting this diet today. I hope it goes well. It would be great to make some friends here to help me along my way, and I would gladly reciprocate. I've been on myfitnesspal for a while, but only used it as a calorie counter. I want to do more this time, and try to strive toward a healthier me that I can live with full-time.

May you grow in your own sweet way...

Replies