frozen dinners

Options
is it alirght if I eat frozen dinners for lunch everyday at work. its the easiest way to keep track of my calories. I know its a little jenny craigish but at least I know how many calories I am consuming and my nights are so busy, its hard to make a healthy lunch for myself.

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calorie and/or macro goals, why not?
  • mandak777
    mandak777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing while Im working. Its just so much easier to know exactly what im eating for 1 meal. Supper is always hard with cooking and figuring out calories..
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I used to do the frozen meals all the time, until my doctor said I had to cut back on the sodium. I looked at the sodium content, and I was shocked at how much those little meals had. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with them. They're tasty and fill you up.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I prefer to make my own meals, but the convenience of frozen is fantastic for work. So, I started devoting a few hours on the weekend to cook up a whole bunch of meals and then freeze in individual portions. Essentially, I make my own frozen meals. It's easy to log using the recipe builder, and I don't have the high salt content like someone else mentioned.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I make my own freezer meals and then I portion them out when I freeze them. Not all can be portioned out like casseroles, ect.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If it keeps you away from the golden arches, and it fits in your macro/calorie goals, why not? I second the freezing your own. It will be much cheaper, tastier, and more customizable, but one step at a time on this journey eh?
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Look at the nutrition label, choose low sodium. Add a serving of fruit and vegetable with your lunch.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frozen dinners at work every day. I eliminated them due to high sodium, however. But, I sure was envious the other day when my bestie and I went shopping: when she got three weeks worth of lunches for $15, and I got a week's worth of lunches for $20.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I do the Lean Cuisine almost everyday at lunch at work. I am not a great planner, so it is way better then having to go out and get something. And the sodium is high, but if you aren't eating for all 3 meals you are fine. It was a great way for me to make healthier swaps and ingredient list on a lot of the Lean Cuisines aren't that bad. Plus they have a rewards program and I get tons of free stuff!