Ready to give up

Options
I've been stuck at 170 for two months. This plateau is not only killing my motivation, it is also killing my self-esteem. At the end of last year I weighed 160 and the holidays helped me to pack on 10lbs quickly and they appear to be clinging on for dear life. Nothing that I do is moving the scale and my measurements and body have stayed the same.

I'm not seeing the point in keeping up all this working out and eating right when I can eat like *kitten*, sit on my *kitten* and stay the same weight. How long is this plateau supposed to last and how much longer am I supposed to keep working my butt off to see absolutely no results? I have Insanity but I'm afraid that even if I start that my body is just going to stay the same and all that hard work will be for nothing.

Someone help me. How long have your plateaus lasted? How do you find the will to keep going when you feel like giving up. Someone give me some inspiration here because I'm ready to quit.

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    you have to switch up your routine to break through a plateau. Try the insanity.
  • lilbuddha007
    lilbuddha007 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey there - we'd have to see your diary/meals to know what your routine is.

Calories Per day ?
    TDEE? (get it at http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html)
    Fitness Routine ?
  • VoiceOfTrenton
    VoiceOfTrenton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Giving up will get you nowhere. Saying, "Well, this isn't working--what do I need to change?" and sticking with it will always get you somewhere.

Plateaus can last quite a while, especially if you aren't balancing diet, exercise, and sleep. All three of those things factor into your health.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I bet your weight would not stay the same if you ate crap and sat around. Diet and exercise are not just to make the scale move. Don't give up- when the scale does start to go down you will be happy you stuck with it!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Change it up and see if that does the trick, try a new workout and let your body adapt again to change. Just don't give up, keep pushing forward. :smile:
  • darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Calories Per day ?
    Fitness Routine ?

I'm consuming anywhere between 1200-1500 calories a day and rarely eating back my burned calories. I'm eating clean and exercising (mostly cardio) 5-6 days a week for a minimum of 40 minutes. My TDEE is 2407.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Calories Per day ?
    Fitness Routine ?

I'm consuming anywhere between 1200-1500 calories a day and rarely eating back my burned calories. I'm eating clean and exercising (mostly cardio) 5-6 days a week for a minimum of 40 minutes. My TDEE is 2407.

If you are only consuming 1200 calories in a day and exercising and not eating back those calories you're not eating enough. Your TDEE-20% shows you should be eating close to 1900 calories. So if you are eating between 1200-1500 it's not enough.

Also without seeing your diary it's hard to make comments about your eating. Are you getting enough protein? I aim for at least 100g per day. How is your sodium and water intake?

Also add some strength training in your workouts, I have seen a bigger difference in my body composition from that from just cardio alone.