Tips for a student who studies all night?

Options
So I am currently a student and I spend most of my nights studying. I also find it difficult to not eat during the day, only so I can eat at night to night fall asleep or feel sick. Does anyone have similar problems or have any advice? I know some people say to just eat healthier, but I wont survive a day with 4 classes on a salad.

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Can you be more clear? Are you saying you're up for longer hours per day than most people and find that you're eating more because of that?

Or are you afraid of eating at night?
  • htw422
    htw422 Posts: 8
    Options
    I find myself staying up til around 2 or 3 at night and getting really hungry, but being at my calorie limit.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are getting hungry because you are getting over tired. When you stay awake in excess your body starts looking for energy to help it stay awake. Lack of sleep requires energy to keep going,usually food. I have worked 24 hour shifts and I now work nights. If I don't sleep enough I end up wanting to eat during the night,more then my normal lunch. Drink more water instead of eating, or get to bed earlier. I'm sure being in school and all your classes your Need to stay up late for studies,but your rest is equally important. Good Luck.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You can also nosh on things that are relatively low calorie like celery and carrots - just eat them plain, cuz the dip will do in your calorie count. It would be better if you could go to bed when you're tired, but I understand the need to study with limited hours in each day. If you can save a couple of hundred calories for night, a big bowl of air popped popcorn (NO butter) is also doable - I think 1/4 cup of popcorn air popped is somewhere between 120 and 150 calories.