What don't you like about being single and dating again?

Options
whatshouldieat
whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
Any of you recently single and are beginning to date? What is it about dating that you despise?

Replies

• PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    How overly interesting either person tries to be, waiting for one person to stop talking so you can talk yourself up as soon as they are done.
  • shortxtina
    shortxtina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dealing with the jerks...
  • whatshouldieat
    Options
    Having to tell your life story over and over until you find that special someone that maybe a possible future mate..
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Having to pretend like I'm interested in what she has to say.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    "Dates"? What is dates?
    Please excuse me while I go cry in the corner.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    "Dates"? What is dates?
    Please excuse me while I go cry in the corner.

They kind of are like raisins
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i hate dating because i'm socially awkward unless i'm drunk lol
    so it's the whole uncomfortable awkward first dates i hate. sometimes i stutter when i'm trying to think too hard lol.

this is probably the reason i've been single for 3 years. i refuse to date.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not single, but still dating.....I hate saying 'not interested' over and over. I hate rejecting people. I hate that most dont take hints...
  • MsCristie
    MsCristie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Having to tell your life story over and over until you find that special someone that maybe a possible future mate..

Exactly!
  • justme1403
    Options
    Everything :grumble:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If you think being single and dating is rough, you should try being married and dating. It's rough. Can't keep my stories straight. Always looking over my shoulder for my wife. Hidden bank accounts. Communicable diseases. Hidden Craig's List accounts. My daughters' friends threatening to turn me in if I don't buy all their friends alcohol. It's so stressful, I'm actually considering monogamy.
  • whatshouldieat
    Options
    I dislike the pressure dating puts on me. There is such high expectations that almost seems impossible to meet sometimes.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't get a date at all and I'm getting a bit bored of being single 7 years and counting.
  • wykyd
    wykyd Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dating:
    Not finding many men I'd actually go out with and having to tell all the others, no. Then the awkwardness when they actually ask why.
    The games people play.
    Dishonesty.
    The stress of it all.

Being single:
    Less sex. A lot less, actually.
    Going solo to functions and activities that would simply be more fun with a partner.

I saw a post the other day asking what you liked about being single. That list was REALLY long for me. I actually like it... Although I am looking forward to having someone and enjoying that just as much. But that's the key, I'm waiting until someone comes along that I have as much fun with them as I do being single. lol Not too much to ask, eh?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The pretend personas people put up annoy the hell out of me.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If you think being single and dating is rough, you should try being married and dating. It's rough. Can't keep my stories straight. Always looking over my shoulder for my wife. Hidden bank accounts. Communicable diseases. Hidden Craig's List accounts. My daughters' friends threatening to turn me in if I don't buy all their friends alcohol. It's so stressful, I'm actually considering monogamy.

Don't do it! The grass is NOT greener.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Any of you recently single and are beginning to date? What is it about dating that you despise?

Actually, I love it. There are some cons but I think the pros far outweigh the cons. I don't have someone constantly on my back about staying out too late, waking up too early, making the wrong friends, choosing the wrong career, inlaw drama, and just constant nagging and bull##%t. I guess it would be nice to wake up holding someone every morning and not having to explain to every stranger why you're not married but that's nothing compared to getting "stuck" with a nagging thorn in a##. LOL
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am not recently single (7 years), but I hate everything about dating. I would prefer going out in a big group and getting to know several different guys at once. That way I do not appear overly anxious about meeting someone. If I get to know someone well enough this way, by the time we end up going on a date, we are very comfortable with each other.
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well...gonna say it, the best ever is Friends with Benefits...