victorious victory day challenge mar 31st

well taking a min boys are out playing on their bikes I am drinking camomile tea I need it they are doing my head in. (why do I agree to these things the 7 yr old that I am looking after is not very well behaved and has the manners of a pig which has a bad effect on my little boy so I end up with 2 argumentative little pigs at least they are outside now)

Anyway exercise 30 mins jog and brisk walk this morning more jogging than walking.
Got my core secrets dvd to do when my sons friend gets picked up.
Went for a walk for about an hour quick slow pace today they were messing around and I don't trust them round the roads they get really silly so I had to walk their pace.

My taeboe dvd arirved today I will probably have a go at that tomorrow morning.

Better get outside and watch the kids have a gr8 monday everybody.

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    well taking a min boys are out playing on their bikes I am drinking camomile tea I need it they are doing my head in. (why do I agree to these things the 7 yr old that I am looking after is not very well behaved and has the manners of a pig which has a bad effect on my little boy so I end up with 2 argumentative little pigs at least they are outside now)

Anyway exercise 30 mins jog and brisk walk this morning more jogging than walking.
    Got my core secrets dvd to do when my sons friend gets picked up.
    Went for a walk for about an hour quick slow pace today they were messing around and I don't trust them round the roads they get really silly so I had to walk their pace.

My taeboe dvd arirved today I will probably have a go at that tomorrow morning.

Better get outside and watch the kids have a gr8 monday everybody.
  • How do you log your exercising from your videos???
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Happy Monday everyone. I I took the weekend off from both exercise and calorie logging. The scale didn't budge so I guess I can relax a little. Taking time off still makes me nervous.

I did 35 min of Power Sculpt and 35 of Cardio Max. My heart rate monitor says I burned over 800 calories.

We got to go for a walk around the block yesterday. Roads are still covered in sand which I guess is a good thing as it is snowing AGAIN! Weather man says the temp will be 62 tomorrow-it's no wonder so many people are sick.

Hope everyone has a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm doing my 30 minute commuter walk twice today, once with my backpack. Extra long work day today, but it's the last one for at least a couple of weeks. (Hopefully not all summer. . .still waiting for a summer assignment)

Ended up cleaning for two hours yesterday, then did yoga to stretch out. (Which was good, because ended up going out to dinner, and WAY over in the calories department. Oops. Damn that red wine.:tongue: )

Anyways, happy Monday, all.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Julie - we must have different HRM. I did the entire BL Cardio Max yesterday - for 467 calories. I think it's 50 minutes with the "warm up" and "cool down" - for those that haven't done it - the warm up has you jumping rope and the cool down is warrior yoga poses :noway: - not my normal warm up/cool down. So I'm a little bummed - my heart rate high was 173 (which is close to 90-95%, depending on method) and average was 143, but that included my own cool down.

I also found workout 2 the hardest, but I checked Amazon, and others agreed with that too. That brown haired instructor annoyed me. She kept picking on the blond woman (don't watch the show, so I don't have their names yet). When my HR went to 173, I toned it down a bit. It was still a good work out, even if she was a witch.

Heart Rate Monitor update:
    So as you see above, another grueling workout for under 500 calories. Doesn't seem right on the high end. I see the most results when I push myself, so I'm still thinking I'm going to count a few more calories than the HRM says (otherwise I won't do it).
    On the other side of the scale, I went for a 30 minute walk. HRM showed 40 calories more than mfp - a total of 160 or so. Well I can walk for 90 minutes easily, rather than doing the 50 grueling minutes of BL.
    Foolishly, I didn't wear it when doing yard work yesterday - I didn't want to get it dirty - about half way into it, I realized I don't have to wear it on my wrist - duh.
    Didn't move furniture yesterday - it was cancelled.

Yoga is today!
  • yoginimary
    How do you log your exercising from your videos???

Depends on the video and "perceived" effort. I gave myself 500 calories for the BL cardio max workout - because it kicked my butt - really, my butt is really sore, more lunges than I've ever done before. I was gasping for air at times too.

I've done Tae Bo as well. I log it as either kickboxing or high-impact aerobics. I think kickboxing is too generous though, now that I have a HRM. I have Tae Bo live advanced. So if you are gasping, turning colors, count higher than if it's easier for you.

If you let me know which video you are doing, I might be able to help more.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Just peeking in real quick to say hi and thanks for those of you that asked about me. I guess I'm sitting this challenge out. Life was/is feeling SO OVERWHELMING and I needed to just give myself a break from all of the expectations I place on myself. I'm still trying to eat well and exercise ~ just not tracking anything right now. I will be back at it shortly raring to go and feeling ready and able to offer support and a cheering section for all of you. In the meantime, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    (((HUGS))),
    Niccole
  • Happy monday everybody... I did 45min crunch dance party video... much more intense than the walking video I was doing last week.... then about 30 mins of strength training... today was lower body... and boy am I ever feeling it now... I am also going to be doing a lot of house cleaning this week... a combo of spring cleaning and preparing for mom to come... that should whittle away some more calories... yeah...

by the way... what are these bl cardio max and power sculpt... I am always looking for a new video to kick my butt... and it's much cheaper than going to the gym

Jenn
  • yoginimary
    Happy monday everybody... I did 45min crunch dance party video... much more intense than the walking video I was doing last week.... then about 30 mins of strength training... today was lower body... and boy am I ever feeling it now... I am also going to be doing a lot of house cleaning this week... a combo of spring cleaning and preparing for mom to come... that should whittle away some more calories... yeah...

by the way... what are these bl cardio max and power sculpt... I am always looking for a new video to kick my butt... and it's much cheaper than going to the gym

Jenn

Biggest Loser - they are the best videos I've ever done. Especially the segments with Bob.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Alright. I'm slacking off again, or still. We got the motor and transmission out of the Mustang this weekend so I know I burned a few calories. I also worked in the yard and will be doing more of that this afternoon if it doesn't rain on me. I have about an hour worth the cleaning to do also. No cardio today really. I'll try to get back to that tomorrow.
    Hope you all have a good day!
    Melissa
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Julie - we must have different HRM. I did the entire BL Cardio Max yesterday - for 467 calories. I think it's 50 minutes with the "warm up" and "cool down" - for those that haven't done it - the warm up has you jumping rope and the cool down is warrior yoga poses :noway: - not my normal warm up/cool down. So I'm a little bummed - my heart rate high was 173 (which is close to 90-95%, depending on method) and average was 143, but that included my own cool down.

I also found workout 2 the hardest, but I checked Amazon, and others agreed with that too. That brown haired instructor annoyed me. She kept picking on the blond woman (don't watch the show, so I don't have their names yet). When my HR went to 173, I toned it down a bit. It was still a good work out, even if she was a witch.

Hmmm-I got the same readings one day last week so I'm not sure what the difference is. I do push myself pretty hard and I've done them for so long that I know what's coming and keep working through Jilians chatter and the breaks between the sections. It works out to about 500 for the Cardio and 300 for the Sculpt.

The name of the blond woman that you mention is Julie too! It was truly annoying when I first started, but I just ignore her. I can't take it when she calls her "poodle".
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning and Happy Monday

((hugs)) for Niccole.

Didn't get much exercise in over the weekend, but I ate slowly and kept to the calories.

Today:

1. Eating slowly and mindfully
    2. Taking my vitamins and drinking green tea
    3. Just finished 20 minutes of Biggest Loser Power Sculpt for strength
    4. Going to bike for 30 minutes then swim for 30 minutes for cardio

Oh yes, and I stretched before checking email.

Have a great day.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    No worries Niccole... think of this as a maintenance phase. It will get you ready for the next step you want to take when the time is right! :flowerforyou:

60 min on gazelle.

I have a killer week at work and will be on the go constantly, so maybe a few extra pre-pms calories too.

Happy Monday:drinker: