Going over on sugar

Options
So I've been going over daily on sugars and am wondering if since they are mostly from fruit, if this is okay or is it still considered bad? I ramped up eating fruits to meet my potassium but that also brought up the sugars consequently. Am I okay with this? My diary is open for review.

Replies

• charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. I asked the dietician at work and she said as long as it was coming from fruit that I am ok....
  • runnerforever234
    Options
    Natural sugars won't hurt, or make you gain weight! Just make sure it isn't coming from processed foods. Just try to choose foods naturally low in sugar if you're concerned.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about going over try eating lower sugar fruits such as berries, pitted fruits, and some melons. Too much fruit sugar can also be a bad thing, but refined sugars are worse. You can get significant amounts of potassium from green veggies as well. Also keep in mind MFP's database is not very accurate when it comes to potassium information, so you are likely getting more than you think.
  • jenniferrr127
    jenniferrr127 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing. I feel like as long as it's pure and natural (fruit) it's perfectly fine, as long as sugar doesn't spark something negative in your body. I always try to watch mine, but I feel like I have a banana and an apple and I'm already over the MFP recommendation.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I go over on sugar because of fruit every day and I don't stress it. I have consistently lost weight and it had not affected me negatively.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The bulk of my sugar comes from fruit as well (the apple I just ate had like 13g of sugar), but it has me wanting to watch my level of sugar none the less and trying to avoid it in other forms as much as possible, especially in processed foods.
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For me I have found that going over my sugar no matter where it came from causes me to either gain weight or not lose anything. I have been testing this since January and when I'm down on sugar, the scale goes down. Yes my calories need to be in range as well, but for me personally (not others) I have found that all sugars affect my progress in weight loss. This is not true for many people but for me it is. Just wanted to put that out there.