Dinners for One - Help

Options
stepknee
stepknee Posts: 9 Member
I'm looking for easy dinners to cook for myself. Does anyone have any favorite recipes or websites they turn to for inspiration?

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bump because I'm cooking for just myself for the next couple of weeks!

This week, I'm making some different things, leaving a portion or two out for leftovers, and freezing the rest so I have something for later if I don't want to cook.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of recipes just for me and lots for lunches that I can freeze in individual portions. My food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - might give you some ideas. I post pictures of my meals, as well as calorie content and recipe links!

Ax
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I think cooking for one is easier sometimes. Most of my dinners involve some sort of protein + grain + vegetable combination that I can measure in single servings prior to cooking.
    One of my favorite dinners is:
    Chicken breast with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella baked on top, with a side of lentils mixed with spinach, mushrooms, and garlic. It's a large quantity of food but low calorie and very satisfying.

I rotate proteins like chicken, lean beef steak, salmon, shrimp, scallops, pork chop, etc, usually cooked by grilling on my Foreman grill, seared in a pan with a spray of extra virgin olive oil, or baked in a foil packet in the oven.

I rotate things like quinoa, lentils, and brown rice in a single serving for my carb/grain/whatever. Sometimes pasta, but I will only measure out one serving (or 1.5, depending on my calories for the day) before cooking it.

And I largely microwave-steam things like frozen kale, chard, collard greens, or okra with some garlic. I also bake asparagus in the oven with a little olive oil and garlic.

Just to give you a few ideas. :P