Beginner college student

Options
Hey there! I've been on my weight loss journey since the summer after my senior year of high school (June 2010 *gasps*). Since then, I've been on a weight roller coaster, constantly losing and gaining a losing again. I'm currently a junior at a University in NJ majoring in Psychology so between school and work the gym always falls by the wayside. The past couple of days however, ie been attempting to arrive at school early (I'm a commuter student) so I can work out at the rec center. Now regarding exercise my main question/concern is how often, how long, and what machines should I focus on using. I pretty much have a set diet down. Lots of fruits, whole grains, veggies, fish, chicken, and of course olive oil! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh and feel free to add me, I like making friends! :)

alexis_xx

Replies

• PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    For strength training focus on challenging every muscle group throughout the week, so you could possible work on the squat one day, then the over head press another, then deadlifts, and finally the bench press. throw some cardio in there and you're good.

For your goals you don't need to get crazy complicated.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid (:
  • alexis_xx
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to throw more strength training into the mix :)