C25K + Jillian Micheals Dvds...wanna join?

Options
Ok, I'm setting myself a couple of new goals. Since I don't have very much left to lose, my new weightloss goal is 5 lbs in 9 weeks (a little more than 1/2 lb per week). The reason I'm choosing 9 weeks is because I'm starting up the Couch to 5K plan today and it's a 9 week plan. In addition, I plan on doing one of my Jillian Michaels workouts(I have almost all of her dvds and they were awesome when I lost weight after my first child) every day that I don't do C25K except for one rest day. I also plan to continue eating well with the exception of one cheat day a week. I am curious about everyone's thoughts on my plan...I know it's a little vague but I'm keeping it that way because I'm a busy mommy with two little ones. And I'd also like to invite anyone that's interested to join me. It doesn't matter if your goals are different than mine....just set your own goals and check in on each other for support. Any takers? Have a good one!

Replies

• syake0889
    Options
    Im still trying to learn about nutrition---so I have no critic there but your exercise sounds solid. I love my Jillian Michaels dvds, but had to stop due to living in a 2nd floor apartment. I have recently started the C25K and absolutely love the app. Just make sure you follow your rest days with the running program but I believe you will definitely achieve your goal.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! My only recommendation is that you don't push yourself too hard with the 9 week time schedule for c25k. The first time I did it (got off the bandwagon, but back on now!) it took me more than 9 weeks to complete the program. If you are too sore or feel like you are struggling, it is fine to repeat a day or a week!

Also, and I think this has been the same experience others have had too, c25k didn't seem to affect my weight much until I was running (jogging, for me) the entire distance. Think of it as a tool to get you to the level of fitness you need to be to be a runner. It's a great workout, but you won't get the running results until you are running the entire time. That said, my blood pressure dropped into healthy levels for the first time in a few years after just a few weeks. Yayyyyy! I hope you love running!
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I friended you earlier today.

I am starting level 3 of 30DS today and tomorrow is Week 4 Day 2 of C25K. I need to lose 22 more pounds in order to get into the normal weight range. Once there I'll reassess my goals. I also ordered Ripped in 30 yesterday and plan to start it after these last 10 days of 30DS
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! My only recommendation is that you don't push yourself too hard with the 9 week time schedule for c25k. The first time I did it (got off the bandwagon, but back on now!) it took me more than 9 weeks to complete the program. If you are too sore or feel like you are struggling, it is fine to repeat a day or a week!

Also, and I think this has been the same experience others have had too, c25k didn't seem to affect my weight much until I was running (jogging, for me) the entire distance. Think of it as a tool to get you to the level of fitness you need to be to be a runner. It's a great workout, but you won't get the running results until you are running the entire time. That said, my blood pressure dropped into healthy levels for the first time in a few years after just a few weeks. Yayyyyy! I hope you love running!

Oh yeah, I hear you on the 9 week thing....My goal is to follow the plan the way it's written, only because I'm in decent shape already, just not a runner. But if I'm having trouble I will definitely repeat. I'm hoping 3 days of Jillian dvds and clean eating are going to help with the weightloss part. Fingers crossed! :smile:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you heard about Jillian Michaels' 30 day slim down

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism.

N.B. 'Quick Trouble Zones' is the standing part of 'No More Trouble Zones'.

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Im still trying to learn about nutrition---so I have no critic there but your exercise sounds solid. I love my Jillian Michaels dvds, but had to stop due to living in a 2nd floor apartment. I have recently started the C25K and absolutely love the app. Just make sure you follow your rest days with the running program but I believe you will definitely achieve your goal.

Oh good, I just downloaded the RunDouble app on my phone...hope I like it :)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    If you liked 30DS then you're gonna love Ripped! I've done both and loved them. I still love doing them....I'm just trying to mix in a little running also to help slim me down a little more.....AND because I'm getting ready to go to the police academy in a couple of months. Gotta run lol!
  • Schann7
    Schann7 Posts: 218
    Options
    I am currently doing my second round of 30ds and I am planning on doing ripped in 30 when I finish.. I am also looking to start running to lose about 5kg (11lbs). I just need to work up the courage to go for my first run to get me started somewhere! Your plan sounds much like one I am trying to come up with for myself :smile:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Have you heard about Jillian Michaels' 30 day slim down

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism.

N.B. 'Quick Trouble Zones' is the standing part of 'No More Trouble Zones'.

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Oh yeah, I did the Slimdown when I was trying to get back in shape after my first child. After I finished that, I did Ripped in 30, then I made my own "Slimdown" routine incorperating all of those dvds and Killer buns and thighs. It went like this:
    Weeks 1 & 3:
    Monday- 30DS level 1, Tuesday- Killer B&T level 1, Wednesday- 30DS level 2, Thursday- Killer B&T level 2, Friday-30DS level 3, Sat- BFBM, Sunday-rest.
    Weeks 2 & 4:
    Monday- R30 level 1, Tuesday- R30 level 2, Wednesday- Killer B&T Level 3, Thursday- R30 Level 3, Friday R30 Level 4, Sat-NMTZ, Sun-rest.

I had a lot of success with the 30 day slimdown and with my own rotation. I love all of her dvds. Here is the link to my before and after pictures after my first child. Having to do it again now since having my second child 4 months ago :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247123-15lbs-down-w-embarrassing-underwear-shots-eek?hl=15lbs+down+with+embarrassing&page=3#posts-8208555
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Alright!! I'm down 2lbs in the last few days after being stalled for a few weeks! I've done week 1 days 1 & 2. I know the 2 lbs didn't drop due to the exercise (more likely my diet over the last few months) but I'm just proud that I'm getting out there and getting started with c25k! I'm finding the first week pretty easy, but I know it's going to get much harder. I'm up for the challenge. I have said many times, "I wish I was a runner". Well this time, I'm going to be a runner. Kinda thinking about signing myself up for a 5k, just for a little extra motivation. Gettin' it done a day at a time! How is everyone else doing? :)
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I started doing this, I'm doing c25k then on days that I'm not doing that I'm doing Ripped in 30. But only doing Ripped in 30 when I don't have anything else planned.... like the other day instead of doing that I played tennis all afternoon.

Its sounds like a good plan, good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Im in!

I started c25k this week. Tomorrow will be day 3.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I think its a great plan. Its the basic plan I followed. I do a video in the morning, then a run in the afternoon. Add me if you like.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    I started doing this, I'm doing c25k then on days that I'm not doing that I'm doing Ripped in 30. But only doing Ripped in 30 when I don't have anything else planned.... like the other day instead of doing that I played tennis all afternoon.

Its sounds like a good plan, good luck! :flowerforyou:

Sounds excellent! Man, I wish I knew how to play tennis! That's an awesome workout!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Im in!

I started c25k this week. Tomorrow will be day 3.

Yay! I'm going to do day 3 today....I kinda crunched all 3 days together this week because I had a lot going on...but for the next 8 weeks I'm going to try to stick to running on Mon, Wed, and Friday so that I have a rest day in between. I might throw in a 4th day of running on Sat or Sun if I have time.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    I think its a great plan. Its the basic plan I followed. I do a video in the morning, then a run in the afternoon. Add me if you like.

I wish! I was trying to do a dvd in the morning and run in the afternoon but it wasn't working out well with my schedule. Have to get up a 3;45 am if I want a morning workout bc I have to be at work so early. So for me it's either running or a dvd everyday in the afternoons. I'm hoping I still get some good results :)
  • Sweettart
    Options
    What Jillian Michaels video are you doing right now? Tonight is my Jillian night and I have all of her videos so I am good for whatever one you are doing.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    On weekdays right now I'm doing Ripped in 30. I'm just going to do a different level every day that I don't run. And on weekends, I like to do either No More Trouble Zones or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism...I save them for the weekend because they're longer lol!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Yes i am going to also try and run M,W,F and do Jillian T,T,S and have sunday as a rest day.

I have never done ripped in 30. Ill do level 1 tonight!

Plus a friend of mine is a personal trainer and she has me doing a core challenge 2 times a day.
  • carolinesparkle
    carolinesparkle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you! I'm following JMBR, I'm working in phase 2, weeks 7 and 8. Im also in week 2 of the C25K, I downloaded the NHS app. My schedule is:

M- JMBR
    T- JMRB
    W- C25K
    Th- JMBR
    F- JMBR
    Sa- C25K
    Su C25K

I know I need a rest day and I take one when i need it so not every week looks like that. I have about 8lbs to lose still and am eating 1700 cals a day based on scooby's calculator. Hopefully this will help me shift these last pounds!!