BEING WEIGHED !!!

marqwela
marqwela Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
When weighing yourself, please remember that the your clothes also carries some weight. So it's better to weigh yourself naked to get your true weight.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    I weigh myself in the same basic clothes every morning, t-shirt, shorts, and undies. I'd go buck naked, but the scale is in front of the mirror, and no one wants to wake up to that...
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    I weigh in the buff!!! I was weighing in my pjs thinking that they couldn't weigh that much right, WRONG they were 1-2lbs heavier!!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    I weigh first thing in the morning after the bathroom before the shower. In the nude and in front in the mirror. Talk about motivation...lol.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    I weigh myself in the same basic clothes every morning, t-shirt, shorts, and undies. I'd go buck naked, but the scale is in front of the mirror, and no one wants to wake up to that...

:laugh: :laugh: which is why I don't weigh infront of a mirror but yes I do go buck naked. I agree my cloths can sometimes weigh up to 2 lbs.. sometimes more.
  • tapp52000
    tapp52000 Posts: 52 Member
    Stop weighing yourselves!!!! Don't be slaves to the scale like you used to be slaves to your food. Instead of weighing yourself base your progress on the tale of the tape. ie: take your measurments. This will make you feel a whole lot better about your progress, especially if your working out.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Stop weighing yourselves!!!!

I have no choice. For medical reasons, I have to weigh every morning to track water weight trends. Still, there are studies that suggest that people who weigh daily have more long term success at keeping lost weight off than those who weigh weekly, monthly, or never.

I think people have to find what works for them, personally. Some will do better not weighing themselves, others need it as a tool. And while I have to weight daily, I only "officially" count it once a week. When I wasn't weighing myself, I gained weight. My clothes still fit, but I got quite a bit heavier and flabbier. So this works for me...as long as I don't weigh naked ;)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Yep. My scale is in front of the bathroom mirror, too... so I usually wake up, pee, strip off the little clothes I had on, throw them on the counter, check out my naked rolls and hop on the scale. :happy: It's definitely motivation and encouragement! I can tell just from the previous week where I've gotten more toned or gotten smaller and then it's nice to see a lower number too.
This discussion has been closed.