Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My 10k race results

1:05, not the best time ever, BUT........
I beat last years time by 25minutes!! Thank you 59lbs weight loss! :)

Replies

• laura666666
    laura666666 Posts: 22 Member
    Huge Congratulations!! I've set myself a goal of doing a 10km race mid May- even if I have to walk half of it. You're an inspiration that it can be done!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Solid time! Knocking 25 minutes off your time from last year is an amazing feat. Amazing feet even.
  • snschuman
    snschuman Posts: 1 Member
    That's an amazing improvement! Congrats, you should be proud! I'm running my first 10K next month. :)
  • I'd love to hear about your training schedule! I'm training for a 10-miler at the moment.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Excellent job...25 minutes is a HUGE improvement!
  • izzyl09
    izzyl09 Posts: 9 Member
    Congrats!! that's amazing :D I just got into running and have completed a few 5ks (got 35.57 in the last one) through a mix of jogging and walking for a min if I was getting it tough.... I would love to work up to a 10k for the summer!

Any tips for us newbies?? :)
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Congrats !! That is amazing !!
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    What a girl! That is a fantastic accomplishment. Any tips for me? I am running my first 10k this Saturday :)
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you!! I dont really have a training schedule. I started with the C25K app on my phone in Feb. 2011 and kept going until I ran my first half marathon in Jan. 2012. I actually stopped running, and only walked on the treadmill at home and that is when the weight started falling off. I was really hungry when I was running long distances, and I ate alot. I started running again on Jan. 1st this year and worked my way back up to six miles. I walk during the week on the treadmill, and I only run on the weekends.
    Good Luck on your upcoming races, and thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!