Tricks to make eating healthier taste better ;-)

Options
So okay, this really isn't a food, but Montreal Steak Spice.... Yes, it's high in sodium, but it's better than eating what I crave, such as pasta's, bread, pizza etc. I actually look forward to it! It makes even a dinner salad with a tbsp of dressing, or a plate full of veggies taste delicious.
It's really helping get me back on track.

Does anyone else have any little tricks to help them avoid calories?

Replies

• barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I crave hot Cheetos all the time so I started seasoning my popcorn with hot spices and cheese flavor.
    Deep dish pizza I will use toasted whole wheat English muffins, prego, and low fat mozzarella and bake it for 10 minutes. If you like thin crust I also use whole wheat sandwich thins only 90 calories. Ice cream I have a chocolate ice cream flavor whey protein after intense work outs. I hate water but I love hot tea so I drink warm water and put fruit or water flavoring. I drink a ton more water and crave a lot less sweets, keeps me warm especially in the winter or mornings, plus it helps with small sipping all day. Sweet chili Doritos I eat sweet chili rice cakes yumm. Instead of sports drinks with fake sugars that make you want sweets I've been drinking coconut water it helps when I get dehydrated after intense workouts but lot fewer calories. I've been doing sweet potatoes with cinnamon and its a great complex carb with a little whip cream on top it's like pumpkin pie dessert. I will also will cut them and make them into fries and bake them. I will cut regular potatoes and soak in water for 10 minutes bake in a tin foil pouch and then bake them in the oven and the fries come out crispy on the outside but gooey on the inside. Best ever!
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Also I've found that eating out in our society is inevitable because our social events are always centered around food. I will look at the menu beforehand and research the calories and stuff first it helps out a ton! There are a lot of great options still!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My "spice" that's like that, that I could put on everything is Cavender's Greek Seasoning. There's one with salt and without. I love the stuff.
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm making pizza tonight, thanks barebon!
  • levicrouch
    Options
    Sriracha! - http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm
    ~5cals tsp

- or -

Sambal Oelek - http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm
    ~0cals tsp
  • Jerbear1985
    Jerbear1985 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use that on probably 85% of the food I make at home. It is amazing.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWaoCu27Aln7m8UXnS_0fqNS3sB2U0ZSa8LTLj5DooMibeFy1NDA
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like eating healthy. I also like eating pizza
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Ginger, lime, and hot peppers make everything delicious.
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I use that on probably 85% of the food I make at home. It is amazing.

That's fantastic.
  • patrnbabe
    patrnbabe Posts: 42
    Options
    .....munches popcorn and waits for someone to realize what you posted a picture of.....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    .....munches popcorn and waits for someone to realize what you posted a picture of.....

tumblr_inline_mjwsh5DFq71qz4rgp.gif