Feeling full

Options
When I first started cutting calories I felt like I was hungry all the time. Now I seem to always be full, to the point I sometimes think I don't want my evening meal. Now I know that drinking lots of water may play a part in this but just wondered if others felt the same. If so, what did you do about it? I am conscious that just having around 600 - 700 calories is not good for me.

Think my diary is private but will give you an example from today. I have now had dinner but I will go up until that point so you can maybe pick where I am going wrong. I am 70-80% eating diet chef meals.If you dont know what they are they are basically just calorie counted meals I get delivered but you have to add milk, fruit and veg to them. I am teaching myself to do my own meals but these are good for the working week when am busy.

Breakfast: Granola (diet chef) - 196 kcals

Lunch: Carrot and Coriander soup (diet chef) - 144 kcals

Snacks: Popcorn (diet chef), 3 fruit skewers (one small piece of Kiwi, pineapple, strawberry, grape and melon on each). The popcorn is 106 kcals and I added on 200 for the skewers, although they are probably a bit less than this.

Drinks: 3 black coffees and 1.5 litres of water.

After work I walked for 20 minutes then did Level 1 of 30 day shred.

I then had dinner, but as I say could have easily gone without....it is a very odd feeling feeling satisfied on less than 700 kcals. I used to just eat until I was uncomfortably full but now think I would hate that feeling.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've killed your hunger response. Your body produces hormones that stimulate hunger. Undereating messes with your hormone production.

You've had very little protein and almost no nutrition.

EAT. Or suffer the consequences. I doubt you want to hear that.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    you could also try adding whole milk instead of skim and eat some bananas or some with more calorie then you dont have to increase the amount much and still reach your calorie goals
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Extreme dieting will lead to plateaus, muscle loss, and fatigue. When you go back to eating again .... the weight will come right back .... extreme dieting does not teach you how to keep weight loss off permanently.

Add some protein and healthy fats